Sunday 3 August 2014

28th July - 3rd August 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

At last a week where things have got better as it has gone on. I started the week quite weak but had a lot of support from my amazing hubby, parents and mother in law. Without their help I would have been lost.

As I have had to take it easy and have been tired, we haven't done a lot this week. We have just spent time at home and have seen some changes in the front garden.

I am now, finally, feeling more myself and am ready for the summer! I am hoping to do a lot more with the children next week and have some days out.

Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 28th July 2014


On Monday we didn't go far but it was lovely having the hubby home. The twins enjoyed having a Peppa Pig ice cream to cool down.

Tuesday 29th July 2014


The work on our new driveway started on Tuesday. The wall was knocked down and the willow removed.
The hubby returned to work so I had both my mum and mother in law checking on me and watching the children when I needed to rest.

Wednesday 30th July 2014


On Wednesday I got baking again which was great! I have missed making bread and really enjoyed spending some time doing what I love. We also harvested the first cucumbers out of the greenhouse. In the front garden the turf was lifted and edging put in.

Thursday 31st July 2014



The drive was finished on Thursday! The twins loved watching the fork lift truck bringing the limestone for the covering. This was something that we have wanted to do since we moved in so to be able to finally have a drive is great.

Friday 1st August 2014


On Friday it was lovely to feel more like myself and have some missed play time in the garden with the children. When I look at this picture I am amazed by how big the twins looks but in particular Isabella, she is growing too quickly! We also had the exciting task of booking meals and things to do for our Center Parcs holiday at the end of the month. We are going to have so much fun with the bikes and the hubby and I even have a romantic meal booked! We are going away with my mother in law who is kindly going to babysit one evening so we can have a bit of "us" time.

Saturday 2nd August 2014


On Saturday we went out shopping and I was delighted to find some unexpected bargains at Next! It was  lovely to go out with my hair and make up done, feeling like the old me again. I am well and truly ready for some summer fun!

Sunday 3rd August 2014

My Silent Sunday.

Today we are doing a few jobs this morning, I am making bread while the hubby gardens. Then this afternoon we are going out for a walk to enjoy the sunshine.

Have a lovely week x

As always I am sharing our week in pictures with

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

27 comments:

  1. Love that picture on the step - so cute :-) #expressions

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute and cheeky! Glad you've had a better week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grrrr! Does my comment ever come through??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those ice cream covered faces! Pretty impressed by that cucumber, well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) the cucumbers have done really well this year x

      Delete
  5. wow busy week then! we did a similar thing to the front garden a few years ago and i cant believe we didnt do it before it .. we love ours .. hope it goes well this week xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its so much better having a drive at last! Hope you have a good week too xx

      Delete
  6. Lovely pictures hun and I am glad you are feeling better. The drive looks awesome. Have a lovely week huni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. that new drive looks gorgeous, enjoy it! #twtwc

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am happy to read that you had a better week this week Kirsty and what better way to feel better than to bake! always works for me too. your cucmbers are impressive and your new drive is very smart now.
    and what a pretty shade of orange in the final pic
    ps. Jenson loves peppa pig ice creams x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you're feeling better. Lovely photos of the twins, love the ice cream faces and the one on the doorstep x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they certainly got ice cream everywhere :-) x

      Delete
  10. Wow that macro shot of the bluebottle is ace! Great news about the drive too, looks awesome.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was pleased with the picture as I took it on my phone :-) thank you for hosting #Project365 x

      Delete
  11. Wow to the size of those cucumbers! Very smart new drive too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're really pleased with the cucumbers, they've done better this year :-) x

      Delete
  12. glad to hear your feeling a bit better and have wonderful support from the family. Laughed at the ice-cream pic, about typical of their age. How nice of the workmen to amuse the children with their working.
    Great size of cucumber, did they taste good? when I grew some many years ago they were very bitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cucumbers are lovely, their skin is a little tougher as we've grown a different variety but they are quite sweet inside :-) x

      Delete
  13. So glad you're feeling more yourself Kirsty and you've had a better week. Must be great to have that new driveway, love the photo of the twins looking on! Great cucumbers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The new drive looks fab!! As do those cucumbers :) So glad you've had a better week!

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x