Tuesday 26 August 2014

Banoffee Buns

Two flavours which I love are caramel and banana. They go perfectly together.

We all enjoy banoffee pie but it can often take a while to make. That is why I came up with these tasty little buns which incorporate the banoffee flavours in a recipe which is quick and easy.

This is what I did...


Banoffee Buns

Ingredients

150g butter
150g caster sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
150g self raising flour
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4tsp vanilla paste
4tbs Carnation caramel
100g icing sugar
50g butter
Banana for decorating

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C fan

1 - Mix together the butter and caster sugar until light and creamy

2 - Add the eggs, one at a time, with a little flour to prevent curdling

3 - Mix in the vanilla paste

4 - Sift in the flour and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly combined

5 - Stir in the mashed banana

6 - Spoon into a prepared cake tin, I made individual cakes but this recipe will also work for a large round cake

7 - Place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 20 minutes

8 - Remove from the oven once baked through and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and finishing to cool on a baking tray

9 - Once thoroughly cooled prepare the topping by mixing together the butter and icing sugar until you have a butter icing consistency

10 - Stir in the caramel

11 - Spoon over the buns and decorate with a slice of banana


This is such a great, quick and easy recipe to make, perfect for when you have children wanting to help!


Enjoy x

I am sharing my recipe with

A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week
Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays
Casa Costello - Bake of the Week

Link up your recipe of the week
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Casa Costello

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love caramel. This sounds so delectable.

    I've always wondered about caster sugar. Is icing sugar an acceptable substitute? I've never seen caster sugar in the stores here.

    Thanks for sharing Kirsty!

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cakes look scrummy, I love the banana and caramel combo. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, ooh wish you could pop one of these in the post for me! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah these look so cute - Not a lover of banana but I can easily eat my own body weight in caramel! Thanks loads for joining in with #Bakeoftheweek again - New linky will be open later x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love caramel too, not so much the banana's but the kiddies love them x

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x