Monday 18 August 2014

Easy Black Forest Cake

I love Black Forest Gateaux however it is a cake that requires a bit more time.

That is why I created my own, easy Black Forest cake. It has all of the delicious flavours of a classic gateaux and it quick and easy!

This is what I did...


Black Forest Cake

Ingredients

200g baking spread
200g caster sugar
4 eggs at room temperature
150g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
200mls double cream
1tbsp icing sugar
200g morello cherries

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C fan

1 - Mix together the spread and caster sugar until light and creamy

2 - Gradually add the eggs along with a little flour to prevent curdling

3 - Sift in the remaining flour and cocoa powder and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly combined

4 - Divide the mixture between two prepared sandwich tins and bake for 15 minutes

5 - Once thoroughly baked remove from the oven. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to cool completely on a cooling rack

6 - Once cooled whisk the cream with the icing sugar until stiff

7 - Halve the morello cherries, keeping 8 - 9 whole for the top

8 - Spread the top of the base with a thick layer of cream

9 - Arrange a layer of the cherries on top of the cream and place the top half of the cake on

10 - Smooth on a layer of cream on the top and decorate with the whole cherries




Enjoy x

I am sharing this post with

A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week
Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays
Casa Costello's Bake of the Week that is hosted this week by Hay In A Day

Link up your recipe of the week
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Casa Costello

9 comments:

  1. Mmmm I love black forest cake/gateaux, totally reminds me of my childhood :-) Your cake looks lush! #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo looks delicious! I havn't used cherries in baking for a while so I must try this! #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for linking up to #bakeoftheweek too :-)

      Delete
  3. That looks amazing! Love the dark cherries #BakeoftheWeek

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! A classic combo of cherries and chocolate with cream - its on my wish list of bakes :)

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristy,

    Nice to know you via Hayley's Bake of the week event. You are amazing being a mum for a 9 yo boy and young twins!

    Your black forest cake with lots of cherries looks super yummy!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever and very pretty! Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. Sorry I was slow getting over for this one. I've pinned it to my food board and a tweet will go out shortly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and you make it sound so easy! Gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays. Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a lovely alternative, and not too complicated at all - yum!
    #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x