Monday 11 August 2014

Potty Training with Dry Like Me

I have to admit that this has been a change that I have been dreading.

The change from nappies to potty!

Potty training one child is daunting, but potty training twins is going to be a challenge. So when I got the opportunity to try Dry Like Me potty training pads I saw this as the perfect excuse to bite the bullet and take the nappy off! Yes I did say nappy, not nappies! I am still not brave enough to try them both at the same time.


I have started with Isabella. She seems to be more ready than Taylor. So we went shopping, stocked up with some pretty new pants, a Minnie Mouse potty and decided to give it a go!

To give the Dry Like Me pads a true trial I also bought some "pull up" pants.

When Isabella has the Dry Like Me pads in her pants she immediately knows if she has had a wee. She can feel the wetness but the pad keeps her pants dry.

When she has used the pull up pants she has carried on as if she had a nappy on and has not told me until I have checked.

For me this is a huge plus point that Dry Like Me has. The child can feel when they have wet the pants but the pants stay dry! Which ultimately means less washing and less wet carpets!



The pad is basically like a sanitary towel that lines the pants. It can sit in the pant to protect either the front, back or both. The pad is thin so it feels completely different to a nappy. The Dry Like Me pads come with a handy, zipable plastic pouch which ideal to put clean ones in for when you are going out. In each box you get 14 pads. The only additional thing that I would add to this product are wings to fold under the pants. I found that they were slightly too wide for Isabella's pants and that they hung over. But they caused her no discomfort so I will definitely be using them again.


Unfortunately after week one I was taken into hospital and the nappy went back on. But she doesn't seem quite ready and I feel that having our eldest off school has caused more distractions for her. However after our holiday and when Joseph is back at school I will have the time to focus on potty training.

I would definitely recommend trying Dry Like Me pads to any mum who is about to start potty training.

For more information of Dry Like Me products and stockists visit Dry Like Me.

Disclosure: I was sent Dry Like Me potty training pads to try for the purpose of this review. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x