Friday 22 August 2014

My Happy List - Mums' List

When the lovely Aby from You Baby Me Mummy invited me to join in with the Mums' List linky I saw this as a perfect opportunity to create my happy list. I have to admit I write lists for everything.

This list is going to be a list that I will look back on when the dark cloud is hanging over me. I am struggling again with my depression but have found a new determination to get back to being me again. This list is another step in the right direction.

Here is my happy list, things and people that make me smile on both the inside and out...

1 - My hubby - Hubby is my rock, he is so supportive and loving. I really would be lost without him!


2 - My beautiful children - Yes they sometime drive me crackers, but they give me a reason to carry on. They fill my heart with pride and joy every time I look at them. They are my life.



 3 - My family - I am so thankful to have my mum and dad living so close. They live round the corner from us and they are a huge part of our lives. My mother in law doesn't live close by but I know that if I need her she will be there.

4 - Hijacked By Twins - My blog makes me happy. It has become a part of me that I love. I am incredibly thankful for the amazing opportunities that it has brought to us.

5 - Blogging community - I have found, over the past year, how supportive the blogging community is. I have found many to be better friends than real life friends. I am really looking forward to a weekend in London next year for Britmums Live and meeting more in person.

6 - Garden - I love our garden. Just being outside and enjoying the peace and quiet brings a relaxing calm to life.

7 - Baking/Cooking - This has to be my favourite pastime. Baking and cooking always relaxes me, It is not very often I get quiet kitchen time, I usually have the children shouting and playing around me, but when I do get the odd quiet time in the kitchen I am able to forget everything and just enjoy what I am doing. When the twins start nursery next year my mornings are going to be for me to enjoy my kitchen more.

That is my happy list.

I am hoping to add to this over time and make it even longer. I will get to the point where I will not need a happy list because I will be in a better place and the depression will be a thing of the past. But for now I will use it and will add to it.

As I mentioned before I am sharing my list with the lovely Aby from You Baby Me Mummy who is hosting Mums' List for Mums' Days. Thank you Aby for inviting me to share my list, you gave me the motivation to write my happy list x

Mums' Days
- See more at: http://mumsdays.com/mums-list/#sthash.g5IyF6rc.dpuf

3 comments:

  1. This would be pretty much my list, too! Great idea to do this and be able to look back on it when you need it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that things are tough again. I write a weekly gratitude list and I find it really helps me through the week to focus on the positives. Such a lovely list huni and I am glad you joined in x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely list of things that make you happy hope it helps you of your feeling low

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x