Thursday 7 August 2014

Caramel Apple Pudding

I love the sweet flavours of toffee apples. They are two flavours which go hand in hand perfectly.

I decided that I wanted to combine these two flavours with a lightly spiced sponge to create a delicious pudding.

This is what I did...


Caramel Apple Pudding

Ingredients

150g unsalted butter
150g golden caster sugar
3 eggs at room temperature
150g self raising flour
1 1/2tspn ground cinnamon
3 - 4 sweet apples, I used Pink Lady, halves, cored and sliced
4 tbsp Carnation caramel

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C fan

1 - For this cake I use the all in one method. Place the butter, sugar, eggs, self raising flour and cinnamon into a bowl and using either a mixer or an electric hand whisk mix all of the ingredients together until they are all evenly combined.

2 - Grease a cake tin or silicone mould. I use a mould as the topping can stick.

3 - Arrange the apple slices on the base of the cake mould.

4 - Place the caramel sauce in a bowl and stir to make it more manageable and spoon over the apples.

5 - Pour over the cake mixture and place in the centre of the pre heated oven. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until thoroughly baked.


This pudding is delicious served warm with custard!

Enjoy x


I am sharing my Caramel Apple Pudding with the lovely Helen at Casa Costello. I am delighted to say that next week I will be hosting Bake of the Week on behalf of Helen. I hope you can join in!

Casa Costello

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x