Tuesday 5 January 2016

Beef Kheema - Cook Blog Share Week 1 2016

Welcome to a new year of CookBlogShare. I am delighted to say that CookBlogShare will be continuing every week during 2016. I am also delighted to tell you that Mandy from Sneaky Veg and Hayley from Snap Happy Bakes will be joining me.

I am currently looking into further ways of sharing and promoting all of the lovely recipes that link up each week. We currently pin and tweet the recipes as they have been the most successful ways. There is a Google+ community which I am hoping to grow. Please come along and join the CookBlogShare community and share it, the more people in the group wider the reach for the recipes will get! I am also thinking about sharing the weekly round up collage on Instagram but would love to know what you think so please do let me know. 

Now, onto this weeks CookBlogShare. After an over indulgent Christmas I am craving some healthy meals and am kick starting my slimming plans, so expect a lot of healthier recipes coming soon!

This week I am sharing my Beef Kheema. Kheema is a perfect way to enjoy the flavours of curry without all of the calories from a creamy sauce. Kheema is also a great way to use up any bits of vegetables that you may have, whether they are leftover vegetables or an odd carrot left in the fridge.

This is what I did...


Beef Kheema

Ingredients

400g lean minced beef
300g brown rice, cooked as per instructions
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
150g mushrooms, chopped
8 baby sweetcorn, chopped
150g frozen peas
4 tspn curry powder
1 beef stock cube

Method


1 - Cook the brown rice as per instructions on the packet and add 1 beef stock cube to the water

2 - While the rice is cooking place the mince beef in a deep frying pan or saute pan and gently cook with the chopped onions

3 - Once the meat is browned off add the curry powder, I use a mild curry powder so that it is not too spicy for the children but you can change the spiciness according to taste.

4 - Add the chopped carrots and turn the heat to low-medium and cover with a lid to allow the carrots to sweat

5 - Defrost the peas in either a pan of water or in the microwave then add to the pan along with the baby sweetcorn and mushrooms

6 - Once the rice is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the meat and mix thoroughly before serving



This is such an easy, flavoursome dish to make and great to have the next day as leftovers!



Now over to you! I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up. To recap the rules check out my CookBlogShare page. Please do not forget to pop over and comment on some of the other recipes.


CookBlogShare


7 comments:

  1. Your Kheema looks great and so easy to pull together, though I'd not be able to make it with beef. I think it would work with quorn mince, what do you think?
    I'm hoping to get onto Instagram soon, I led believe that it's quite successful social media platform for this type of thing.
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds delicious :-) Angela - I reckon it would definitely work with Quorn mince: we use a lot of it in our house as I really like it for speed and simplicity, plus it's supposed to be super healthy. This week, however, I have gone to the opposite end of the spectrum and gone for pure comfort food: a beef lasagne! (But it does also work well with Quorn Mince and veggie stock). Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela, I made a request to join Cook blog share community. Thanks for hosting,you are right now we need some healthy food.I am vegetarian ,so no idea about beef.
    Wishing you and your family a happy, healthy and blessed new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Thanks so much for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing on Instagram sounds like a great idea. As you say, the wider the reach the better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound all so yummy! And I lovemaking stuffs with leftovers too. Thank you for sharing.

    Instagram idea is great too! Thank you for hosting. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x