Saturday 23 January 2016

17th January - 23rd January 2016 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

This week has been an exhausting week and a week that we are all pleased has ended better than it started.

This week has seen sleepless nights, worry, hospital visits, and relief!

Here is our week in pictures...

Sunday 17th January 2016



Sunday started off as a relaxing day. We did a few jobs around the house, took the dogs for a walk and had a lovely Sunday dinner. That is until we got the phone call. At 9:45pm we had a call telling us that the hubby's dad had been rushed into hospital. So we rushed over to support his mum and see how he was which resulted in us being there until 2:30am. By the time we got home it was 3am and by then we had got past tired. In the end it was about 4am when we got to sleep and were then up as normal the following day!

Monday 18th January 2016




Once the children were at school I managed to get a couple of hours sleep before the twins needed to be collected. When we arrived home two big army helicopters flew over. We often have the RAF and the Red Arrows flying over as we are on their flight path. These helicopters were so low and the twins stood there waving. We went to the hospital on Monday afternoon and were so relieved to see that he had improved a lot. 

Tuesday 19th January 2016



On Tuesday we got up to this beautiful sunrise. The twins noticed it and shouted that I could use pinks on my sky blanket.

Wednesday 20th January 2016


On Wednesday I made a delicious new vegetarian meal. My post recipe will be live next week! I also went to my fitness class in the evening.

Thursday 21st January 2016


Thursday was a very frost morning. I loved watching the twins walking to school, holding hand and making sure that neither of them fell. I spent the afternoon cooking and went to see my father in law in the evening.

Friday 22nd January 2016



Friday was a busy day. I sat to write a blog post but was not happy with the pictures that I had taken so I had to cook it again. Which was not so bad we all had a lovely lunch of Chicken, Lemon and Thyme Pasta.

Saturday 23rd January 2016



After Isabella's ballet lesson, Taylor and I went to see the chickens. At one point Taylor would not go near them but now he is happy to stroke them, when they let him! We also have a meal at York Harvester for a future blog post.

Hope you have a great week x


What Katy Said
Running in Lavender
TheBoyandMe's 366 Linky

8 comments:

  1. the colour of that Sky is just stunning!
    I am so sorry to read about your FIL Kirsty, what a worry for you all. I hope he is feeling much better now.
    I love roasted stuffed peppers - great for speed on Sw plan!!
    cute photo of the twins holding hands - awwww wish my boys still did that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stressful week! Hope your FIL is still improving. Lunch looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear not a good week but glad he seems to be on the mend.
    Minky would not go near our chickens, but Dinky was right in there, nice to see him gaining confidence.
    The holding hands is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope your FIL is better soon. i love the photo of the sky, the colours are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skies this week have been amazing. Hope your father in law is doing better now.

    Cute photo of the twins holding hands. It must be lovely to see how close they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shots of your week!! As always delicious food and beautiful country images. The pink sky shot is simply stunning.

    Thank you so much for linking up to #MyCapturedMoment xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that sunrise is incredible! What amazing colours. I'm interested to know what you put in your peppers! Thanks for linking up with #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hurrah for pink sky! I hope your father in law is ok now.
    Thank you for sharing in #HappyDaysLinky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x