Thursday 21 January 2016

Slimmerseeker Thursday - Week 2

This is now my third week following my Slimmerseeker plan. My regime is to follow the Slimming World eating plan, listening to my Thinking Slimmer Slimpod and exercising daily. My exercise is a combination of the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels and regular keep fit classes and walking more. My goal is to feel confident with my body when we go on holiday in August.

Before I tell you about my week I would like to say a big thank you to the people who joined in with the first week of the Slimmerseeker linky.

Pempi's Palace shared a great food planner that she uses. It is a great way to record what food you eat and the amount of water that you drink. I know that I need to use a water chart as I certainly need to increase my water intake.

Pempi's Palace - Food Plan

This led perfectly onto Lucy Locket Loves post about the 4 Week Water Challenge that is to raise money for Water Aid. For every £1 that is donated the government will match it until 10th February. Again this has made me think about my water intake and how lucky we are!

pexels-photo-13915-medium

Mrs Shilts shared a delicious Butternut Squash recipe. Butternut squash is such a versatile vegetable that is perfect for soup. You can add a variety of spices and herbs and can be changed in so many different ways and flavours. But best of all it is a syn free soup! Yay!

Synfree Spicy Butternut Squash Soup

Madhouse Family Reviews shared how after Christmas she was finding it hard to get back on track. But I am sure that everything will get back on plan. I always struggle after Christmas especially when there are treats around! I hope to see that the Slimpod has helped this week!


Now on to my week. This is how I have got on...


This week I have noticed further changes in how I am thinking about food. I am now a lot more conscious about what I am eating and what I am cooking. These changes have come naturally and without realising until afterwards. I definitely feel that this is down to listening to the Slimpod every night as I go to sleep. I have always had a love hate relationship with food. I love food, but I love the wrong foods, which have meant that my weight has gone up, hence where the hate part comes in. But I am gradually starting to feel a change coming. Even after just 3 weeks I can see a difference in my body, especially my belly! As I am eating better now I am less bloated and looking less blown up. This has done a lot for my self confidence and my motivation.

This week we have swapped our old, cheaper blender, for a more powerful higher quality one. So this week has seen me drinking fruit smoothies daily and making more soups. This is boosting my nutrition and fruit and vegetable intake.

With regard to my fitness. This week has not gone as well as last week. I did need to take two days off from the 30 Day Shred due to tiredness. But now that I have caught up with my sleep I am back on it! I have also returned to my weekly workout class so I will be doing the 30 Day Shred for the other 6 days. We have been walking the school run more and I have been walking the dogs. I can feel that my fitness has improved and it has also improved my mental well being.

This week when I stepped on the scales I was delighted to see that I have lost 2lbs. If I loose the weight gradually at 2lbs a week I will be extremely pleased!

Now it is over to you. I can't wait to hear how your week has been. If you did not joined in with Slimmerseeker last week I welcome all weight, health and fitness posts as well as healthy recipes. To join in simply add the badge below and link up. If you tweet your post I will retweet them!

Here is to a great Slimmerseeker week!

I am also sharing my week with Madhouse Family Reviews Sunday Weigh In.

Hijacked By Twins

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have found the perfect routine for you - long may it last ! A 2lb loss is fab.

    I tried adding your badge to my blogpost and it came up as an error - not sure if it's a problem with your code or on my end though !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, thank you for letting me know. I have now sorted the badge x

      Delete
  2. Well done on your weight loss and healthier eating. I've managed to lose 18lb so far which I'm really pleased about :) I need to up the exercise however! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kirsty, all linked up. You're a week ahead of me on the slimpods, great progress for you so far. I need to get into a routine with mine, just before I go to sleep would be ideal X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x