Saturday 9 January 2016

POM Wonderful - For Your Smoothies and Cocktails!

In January everybody likes to make new years resolutions about their health, fitness or life. I am not one for new years resolutions as they always seem to be empty promises. What I like to do is make changes throughout the year and makes changes which I know will be easy to make into permanent changes. 

One simple change that you can ,make for the benefit of your health is eat and drink healthier foods. Swapping your high sugar fruit juice for POM Wonderful is a step in the right direction.

Pomegranates are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin K, Fibre, Potassium and Folate as well as anti oxidants. POM Wonderful juice is simply 100% pomegranate. Each 710ml bottle contains 6 pomegranates with no added sugar, preservatives or colourants. This juice is so full of flavour, it is a little bit sweet and a little bit sour but both extremities balance this juice perfectly.


We used POM Wonderful juice in our Christmas cocktails and it was a deliciously fruity addition. We made the bucks fizz into a POM Fizz by replacing the orange juice with POM Wonderful and prosecco. I changed my gin and tonic to a gin and POM which now has to be my favourite mixer to have with gin! We even made a POM Spritzer, this juice really is such a versatile addition to any drinks.

 

Now January has arrived and it is time to get back onto the slimming plan POM has now become a tasty part of my diet. POM Wonderful is perfectly mixed with bircher muesli and a vanilla yogurt for a creamy start to the day. Another favourite is to add it to my smoothies. I have now started my fitness routine and have found that POM juice is an ideal way to rehydrate after a hard workout.

Here are my favourite smoothie and bircher muesli recipes using POM Wonderful...

POM Smoothie



Ingredients - serves 2

120mls POM Wonderful
1 banana
5 Strawberries
2tbsp Fat free vanilla yogurt
6 Blackberries
8 cubes of fresh pineapple
A few fresh pomegranate seeds to decorate

Method

Simply place all of the ingredients in either a smoothie maker or a blender, blitz them all together and enjoy! I sprinkled over a few fresh pomegranate seeds for a topping but these are an optional extra.

 


POM and Vanilla Bircher



Ingredients

35 - 40g bircher muesli
70mls POM Wonderful
Fat free vanilla yogurt

Method

The night before place your bircher muesli in a bowl, add the yogurt and POM Wonderful juice and mix thoroughly. Place in the fridge until morning. This cereals can also be left for 30 minutes but I always find that the flavour is better if left over night. In the morning the bircher muesli will have absorbed all of the delicious flavours from the juice and the yogurt.



Disclosure: I received a POM Wonderful cocktail kit and juices for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views, words and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice ideas to use pom juice in smoothie and muesli, I love pomegranate juice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x