Friday 29 January 2016

Tropical Quinoa Porridge

As it is National Breakfast Week I thought I would share with you a recipe that I love. Back in November 2014 I shared my Quinoa Porridge recipe. Since then I have been enjoying it but have slightly adapted the recipe and experimenting with new flavour combinations.

This has to be one of my favourite combinations. I love tropical fruits and how well they go together. They make a perfect start to the day!

What is a little different with this porridge is that I have added a tablespoon of coconut oil. You may wonder why I would oil to a porridge. But coconut oil is like no other oil, I love it! Yes it is mostly a saturated fat but it is one of the most healthiest saturated fats that there are. Your body can easily digest the coconut oil so it is an immediate energy source, which is perfect for the mornings!

This is what I did...


Tropical Quinoa Porridge

Ingredients

50g quinoa
150mls water
200mls tinned organic coconut milk (I used Biona Organic Light Coconut Milk)
100g mango chunks
100g pineapple chunks
1tbsp Vita Coco Oil
1tbsp chia seeds
Mixed seeds for topping

Method

1 - Place the quinoa in a pan along with the water and coconut milk and bring to the boil

2 - Once the water and coconut milk are boiling reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes

3 - While the quinoa is cooking blend the mango chunks, pineapple chunks, coconut oil and chia seeds until you have a smooth mixture

4 - After the quinoa has been simmering for 15 minutes add the fruit puree, cover and continue to simmer for the final 5 minutes

5 - Once the porridge is ready pour into a large breakfast bowl and top with mixed seeds


This is such a healthy way to start the day and will certainly keep you going until lunch time. I has only been since eating more of a healthier diet that I have become more focused on breakfasts. 

4 comments:

  1. Ooo I've got a tub of coconut oil...currently just use it on my hair but maybe I'll give this a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are the promoters of online bookie capsa stacking reliable and safe to use real money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, you are good, i like your post and i still waiting our next post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good site! come on and join with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x