Wednesday 27 January 2016

Green Goodness Breakfast Bowl

As it is National Breakfast Week I thought that I would share with you my favourite breakfast. Recently I have begun to enjoy breakfast time more and more. My breakfast usually consists of a smoothie or muesli. But recently thanks to Deliciously Ella I have discovered how you can transform a smoothie into so much more by simply adding avocado!

My smoothies have done from a drink to something so much more filling and nourishing. My smoothies are now thicker and have more of a yogurt consistency. 

Today's recipe contains 4 different fruits, avocado, coconut milk, manuka honey, seeds and green matcha tea!

This is what I did...

Green Goodness Breakfast Bowl

Ingredients

1 apple, cored and chopped
100g mango, chopped
100g pineapple, chopped
1 banana
1/2 avocado, peeled and chopped
80mls coconut milk (I used Koko Coconut Milk that I received in December's Degustabox)
1 tsp manuka honey (if you do not have manuka honey and top quality honey will work)
1tbsp chia seeds
1/4tsp matcha tea
1tsp mixed seeds for topping

Method

1 - Place the apple, mango, pineapple, banana, avocado, coconut milk, honey, chia seeds and matcha tea in a blender and blitz together until you have a smooth consistency.

2 - Pour the green goodness into a bowl and top with the mixed seeds and enjoy!


This delicious bowl of goodness is the perfect way to start the day. It will boost your energy levels with the chia seeds and banana and with the pineapple and mango alone you have 2 of your 5 a day! So why not forget the mass produced boxes of cereals with huge lists of ingredients and added sugars! Go for something natural, healthier and so much more satisfying!


Enjoy x
CookBlogShare
Link up your recipe of the week
Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of using tea in breakfast! sound fabulous healthy! #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit late to the party with these smoothie bowls. This one looks fab

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious and so healthy. I assume that all the other fruits mask the flavour of the avocado. Am I right? I love avocado but I can't imagine it in my breakfast smoothie!

    Thanks so much for coming to join in with #FoodYearLinkup, it's lovely to have you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a colour for smoothie bowl. It reminds me of my favourite green drink from Innocent. I love all the flavours you included, pineapple, apple, mango. Mmmm! Thanks for linking up to #BrilliantBreakfasts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was getting workout injuries more often than usual, which reduced my regular exercise down to little exercise. The less I exercised, the more I felt out of shape. Green supplements helped me by lowering the effects of workout injuries.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bowl of smoothie like this is a perfect one for breakfast to give me energy for the whole day working. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x