Thursday 28 January 2016

Slimmerseeker Thursday Week 3

This week has seen my third weigh in to see if I am loosing weight and improving my health. I have noticed quite a few changes this week in how I am feeling towards food and what I am putting into my body.

Last week I bought Delicious Ella's new book and found so many delicious recipes. That is how this weeks meal plan began. After reading all of the health benefits from a cleaner way of eating I decided to give it a go for a week. This is something that I have wanted to try for a while and after reading the book it gave me the urge to go for it.

Today is day 4 of my clean, vegan diet and I am surprised to be able to say that I am loving it! I have never enjoyed each and every meal as I am at the moment. I actually look forward to breakfasts, they have become my favourite meal. I wait to have my breakfast until the children are at school then I sit in peace and quiet and enjoy! This week my Slimming World eating plan has been put on hold to see what my weigh in will be like on Monday. I know that avocados and nuts have a high syn content but I have been eating them as they contain "good" fats and are a part of a balanced vegan diet so I have been eating them, and enjoying them! How this will effect my weight loss is yet to be seen. But I am enjoying my food and feeling great and am not missing meat and processed foods at all!

Before I go on and tell you about this weeks weigh in. I want to say thank you to the people who joined in with Slimmerseeker Thursday last week. Here is a quick round up of what was shared...


Emma from The Mini Mes and Me shared this original and inspiring way to record all weight loss. Sometimes it is easy to undermine the amount of weight that has been lost but with these pretty jars you can actually see the amount lost. This is a great way to keep your motivation going!


Cheryl from Madhouse Family Reviews shared another great way to keep your motivation up. Just imagine saving that money and going to buy a new outfit in a new size!

Toasted Sesame & Cranberry Black Rice Bars from Healthy Helper Blog...a sweet n' salty snack sensation! [vegan, gluten-free, whole grain, superfoods, nuts, fruit, low-sugar, healthy, healthy recipe, healthy snacks, healthy eating, healthy food, recipe, bars, rice]

Kaila from Healthy Helper Blog shared a number of great posts but my favourite had to be these delicious Toasted Sesame and  Cranberry Black Rice Bars. They look like the perfect snack to have for afternoon tea!


Jeanette from Autism Mumma shared how she is starting on the Slimpod plan. Jeanette had a positive first week and I am sure that this will continue!

Now for this weeks progress. When I stepped on the scales this week I was a little worried. Last week I did have a couple of treats so I was hoping to maintain. Last week, due to tiredness, my exercise routine dropped. This week I am hoping to get it back on track and I am going to try some new exercises as I have got a little bored with the 30 Day Shred. The same exercises everyday became a little bit tedious. I would like a bit of variety so will be doing a mixture of the 30 Day Shred and trying Pilate's. Next week I will tell you how I have been getting on!

Back to this week, this is how I got on and  my progress so far...
  • Start weight 04/01/16 - 14 st
  • Weigh in one 11/01/16 - Loss of 6 lbs - 13 st 8 lbs
  • Weigh in two 18/01/16 - Loss of 2 lbs - 13 st 6 lbs
  • Weigh in three 25/01/16 - Loss of 3 lbs - 13 st 3 lbs
Yay I have lost another 3 lbs! I am starting to feel differences in how my clothes are fitting, I am feeling fitter and starting to feel happier. I even wore a dress that was too tight at Christmas! When I started the year my BMI was 32.7 which was in the obese section. Now my BMI is 30.8 which is still in the obese section but once I get under 30 it will just mean that I am over weight. So it is definitely going in the right direction!

Now over to you! I cannot wait to see how your week has been and what healthy recipes you have been cooking up. So link up any health, weight, fitness posts that you may have, both old and new and of course any deliciously healthy meals you have created!


Hijacked By Twins


4 comments:

  1. You are doing fantastically well! Well done, so glad you're enjoying it too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great month you have had, big well done. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well and Slimming World is working for you - you are brave going vegan though. I could never do it, will be interesting to see how you get on - as you say some of the 'good fats' foods are high syn SW foods - a diet that works for one may not work for the next person... you need to enjoy it! Totally with you on 30 day shred though - she did start to grate on me! ;) Hope you are having a good week and thank you for letting me link up! Sim xx #WeightLosswednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Well done on your weight loss! :) Thank you for linking up with #WeightLossWednesday. I'm looking forward to following your progress!

    Beth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x