Tuesday 19 January 2016

Lemon Courgetti with Grilled Tuna

As always January is the healthy eating month. However this year I am wanting to make this a permanent change.

So when Aldi asked if I would like to cook up a healthy meal I had a good idea of what I would make. Last year we bought a spiraliser and I really want to start using it more this year. Aldi always have a lot of lovely fresh fruit and vegetables in store so I knew that they would play a big part in the meal. I decided to go with fish to accompany the vegetables. 

This is what I did...


Lemon Courgetti with Grilled Tuna

Ingredients - serves 2


2 courgettes
1 lemon, juiced
130g baby sweetcorn, quartered
100g asparagus 
50g green beans
2 tuna steaks
1 tsp fresh thyme plus extra to decorate
Spray olive oil 

Method

1 - Using a spiraliser cut the courgettes into noodles

2 - Heat some spray oil in a wok over a high medium heat

3 - Place the courgetti, baby sweetcorn, asparagus and green beans in the wok and pour over the lemon juice and sprinkle over the fresh thyme

4 - Cook, stirring regularly for 10 minutes

5 - While the vegetables are cooking cook the tuna under a high grill and cook for 4 minutes on either side

6 - Once both the vegetables and tuna are cooked place a bed of vegetables on the plate and top with the tuna. To finish scatter over a little thyme.


The lemon gives the vegetables a deliciously fresh flavour and accompanied with the tuna this is a truly flavoursome meal that is not just filling but so healthy!



Enjoy x

CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

4 comments:

  1. I love tuna steaks from Aldi. Great recipe. I have been wondering about a spirilaser for a while, may have to invest

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious, healthy and very easy! What a great recipe! Definitely pinning this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you this year, healthy eating all the way! Or I'm trying anyway! Your dish sounds delicious :-)#CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good! I have a spiraliser at the back of the cupboard - must dig it out this year and make some recipes like this. #CookBlogShare

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x