Monday 18 January 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 18th January 2016

Last weeks meal plan was mostly a success. I say mostly because one meal was slightly adapted while another just didn't work out as planned. However I will not be defeated, I will try again and will be more successful!! So keep an eye out for more bean burgers in my meal plan, next time they will be perfect, I hope!

Last weeks healthy meal plan was a success and we are definitely going to be keeping up with it! I can tell in both my weight loss and how I feel the benefits of a cleaner, healthier diet.

This week are starting the week with a treat, then continuing with our healthy plan. As well as healthier main meals I am also eating healthier breakfasts and lunches and have just invested in a new blender for juices and soups so I am sure that there will be some recipes coming soon.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Monday - Nut Roast

I bought a butternut squash, almond and pecan nut roast for Christmas but we did not get round to eating it. So as Monday is my weigh in day I thought that it would be the perfect time to have it, as a treat.

Tuesday - Chicken and Thyme Pasta

I am planning to make this using some lovely oils that I have been sent to try, so if it is as successful as I think it will be I will be sharing my recipe.

Wednesday - Stuffed Peppers

On Wednesday I am planning to make a lentils and chick peas in a tomato sauce with Mediterranean vegetables and baked in peppers.

Thursday - Venison Casserole 

A couple of weeks ago I bought some lovely venison when it was on offer and put it in the freezer. When I was going through the freezer over the weekend I found it. So on Thursday I will be slow cooking some diced venison with root vegetables and serving with jacket potatoes.

Friday - Fish Night

This has become a firm favourite in our house. Every Friday everyone knows it is fish night. Last week I bought some cod pieces with lemon and thyme so I am planning to cook these for Friday night for the hubby and I, while the children will be having fish cakes.

As always I am not planning for the weekend as we decided closer to the time.

I am sharing my meal plan with At Home with Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday.

mpm different fonts.png

5 comments:

  1. I love stuffed peppers, but have never done a meat free version of them. I may need to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The nut roast sounds delicious! I do the same thing on a Monday and have a treat meal as it is my weigh in day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That nut roast sounds amazing and so does the Venison Casserole! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. All sounds completely delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicken pasta sounds something I should try this year - we eat a fair amount of chicken and pasta but not together! Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x