Tuesday 12 January 2016

Lavazza Coffee - Post Workout Boost Smoothie

For me, coffee is an essential part of the day. When I drink coffee I will admit to being quite fussy. I very rarely drink a regular instant coffee. When I have a coffee I like to have a top quality drink. So when Lavazza asked me if I would like to try some of their blended coffee I jumped at the chance!

Lavazza is a top quality Italian coffee which has been running for 120 years. In 2015 they celebrated their 120th anniversary by releasing a some limited edition coffee tins which contain their specially selected 100% Arabica ground coffee, which I received to try. The collection consists of three tins, each decorated with a unique design and anniversary logo.


Since 1985, when Lavazza was born, they have been thoroughly committed to developing the art of blending and roasting. They have searched and found perfect flavour and excellent quality. 




So far I have enjoyed my Lavazza coffee, from a cafetiere and black, I have had it with a shot of whisky. But I have also been enjoying the coffee in a different way, in a way that most would not think of using coffee for.

I have been adding a shot of coffee to my post workout smoothie. Today I am going to share with you my secret, boost smoothie recipe. I have found this drink the perfect way to boost my energy after a tough workout.

This is what I do...

Post Workout Boost Smoothie

Ingredients

30mls strong Lavazza 100% Arabica
1 banana
8 pineapple chunks
200mls almond milk
1tsp raw cacao nibs

Method

1 - Spoon 2 desert spoons of Lavazza coffee into a small cafetiere and leave to brew for 10 minutes

2 - Place the chopped banana in a blender or a smoothie maker, along with the pineapple chunks, the almond milk and the raw cacao nibs

3 - Pour over 30mls of the coffee and blitz the ingredients together, pour into a glass and serve


This drink contains coffee which will boost you from the caffeine, the natural energy booster banana and the fantastic raw cacao nibs. This really is energy in a glass and delicious.

If you are looking for a delicious and healthy smoothie which will give you a boost then this is it!

Lavazza coffee is such a versatile ingredient it can be added to so many bakes and desserts to add extra flavour and richness. Lavazza have a page that is specially dedicated to recipes that include their coffee. If you like coffee, I would definitely recommend popping over and taking a look. I already have some on my "to make" list!


Disclosure: I received 6 tins of coffee and a set of 4 limited edition coffee cups for the purpose of this post. No cash payment was received. All views, words and opinions are my own and 100% honest.
CookBlogShare
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week

8 comments:

  1. Wow - what a clever idea! That would definitely make you full of bounce after even the most grueling workout! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! I too am very particular about my coffee and as this is vegan friendly it's one I must try this month. Thanks for linking up to #CookBlogShare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those tins and that cup! The smoothie looks amazing as well, an ideal pick you up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love coffee and this looks great! I'd never think to put coffee in my smoothies. Thanks for sharing #cookblogshare xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, looks amazing, I actually put decaff into a bananan choc smoothie last night and it was so good! Someone on twitter recommend tea too. We love Lavazza. Super post. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love lavazza - never thought of putting it in a smoothie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Tins! Did you get the tiger and rose as well? I found all 4 tins and now I'm in Italy to find the cups! Illi eat your heart out we love love lavAzza.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x