Monday 11 January 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 1 2016 - The Healthy Round Up

I hope that now we have finished the first week back after Christmas you all feel like you are back in to your routine. I always find the first week the hardest, but I am always pleased to have that routine back in our weeks.

Today I am sharing my four favourite recipes from last weeks CookBlogShare linky. It was lovely to see so many regulars back as well as some new blogs which I sincerely hope to see more of.

This week, as I am back on Slimming World, the healthy recipes certainly stood out. After the over indulgence of Christmas and new year I crave a lot of goodness throughout January. The four recipes that I chose all contain flavours that both my family and I enjoy and best of all they are super healthy!

Here are my four favourite recipes from CookBlogShare week 1 of 2016...

Who needs lots of sweet treats when you can make natural, raw treats? Only Crumbs Remain shared her delicious Energy Balls that are packed with dates, apples and almonds. What is different with these energy balls have also got added orange goodness. I can just imagine how much extra flavour the orange adds, I will be trying it next time I make raw bites!

Next up is Easy Peasy Foodie's Vegan Sweet Potato Chilli with Brown Rice and Avocado Salad. As a family we have been enjoying more and more vegetarian versions of meat favourites. I have made a lentil chilli in the past but not a sweet potato one. This will be going on my to try list!

Seeing this delicious Lemon and Courgette Spaghetti from Searching for Spice made me remember that I need to get a better spiraliser. I love courgetti and cannot wait to try this recipe. Not only is is healthy but sounds so delicious!

Last but not least is this Tuna Nicoise Salad from The Gluten Free Alchemist. I love every single ingredient that is used in this recipe and combined together they make this perfectly flavoured salad. I can see me making a big bowl of it this week!

As always thank you to everyone who joined in last week. This weeks CookBlogShare is being hosted by Mandy at Sneaky Veg. I cannot wait to see what you have been cooking up and I hope to see you again at CookBlogShare.

Hope you have a delicious week x

CookBlogShare

4 comments:

  1. Great theme for this time of year! I am also trying to eat more healthily in 2016, so it's great to have some inspiration :-) Thanks for including my Sweet Potato Chilli! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great selection of recipes! Looking forward to hosting this week and seeing what everyone has been making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great round up Kirsty providing some gorgeous looking and sounding food. Thanks for the mention :-)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You so much Kirsty for including my salad amongst all those lovely linked recipes. Hope you're enjoying January's healthy eating! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x