Monday 8 February 2016

Chinese New Year with Tilda Firecracker Rice

Today is the Chinese New Year and this year is the year of the monkey.

To celebrate the new year Tilda sent me some of their new, limited edition Firecracker Hot Spicy Rice and challenged me to use it in a recipe to create a hot and spicy dish and to celebrate the year of the monkey. Tilda Firecracker is packed with red chilli pepper, chilli seeds, smoked paprika and sweet tomato.

With a rice like this, that is so full of flavour and character, you really do not need to do a lot. Tilda have done all of the hard work for you. All of the spices that you need are already sealed in the handy, easy to prepare pouch of rice.

For this deliciously healthy dish all I did was add some lovely fresh vegetables and allowed the Tilda rice to do all of the work for me.

This is what I did...

Vegetable Firecracker Rice

Ingredients

1 pack of Tilda Limited Edition Firecracker Rice
1 courgette, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
6 baby sweetcorn, halved and quartered
1 onion, thinly sliced
Handful of spring greens
1tbsp oil

Method

1 - Heat the oil in a wok

2 - Once the oil is hot add the onion and stir fry for 2 minutes

3 - Add the carrot and courgettes and stir fry for 5 minutes

4 - Add the Tilda Firecracker Rice, baby sweetcorn and spring green and stir fry for five minutes then serve


This is such an easy dish to make and so full of flavour thanks to Tilda's Firecracker Rice.



Disclosure: I was sent some Tilda Firecracker Rice and was compensated for the additional ingredients for the purpose of this post. All words, views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

Charlotte's Lively Kitchen - Food Year Linkup

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to make pre-cooked rice into a quick and easy dinner. I love the sound of firecracker rice - I will have to look out for that and I really love the sound of your dish. So simple but I bet it's super tasty! Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious, although "firecracker" rice sounds a little scary - how hot is it?? I love the addition of the baby sweetcorn too, in my opinion everything is better with baby sweetcorn - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x