Tuesday 16 February 2016

Mushroom, Egg and Avocado Brunch - #CookBlogShare Week 7

Hello and welcome to week 7 of CookBlogShare 2016.

Before I hand it over to the lovely foodie bloggers who return each week I thought that, today, I would share with you a delicious brunch recipe. I say brunch but it would be perfect as a lazy Sunday breakfast, or, as I enjoy it, as a light lunch.

You will probably know that I am currently on my own weight loss journey with Slimming World. If you know the Slimming World plan you will know that avocado's are a high syn food. But I am eating them without counting because they contain a good fat that our bodies need, monounsaturated fat. Monounsaturated fat helps to protect our hearts by maintaining the levels of good cholesterol while reducing the bad cholesterol. So it is not good to cut out all fats in our diets. As I always say, everything in moderation

This dish is so quick and easy to make and is a lot tastier than a boring sandwich or a piece of toast!

This is what I did...

Mushroom, Egg and Avocado Brunch

Ingredients - per serving

1 large portabello mushroom, sliced
1 egg
1 avocado
1tsp lime juice
Salt and pepper
Spray olive oil

Method

1 - Heat some of the spray oil in a frying pan

2 - If you have any non stick poachette rings grease the inside and place in the frying pan and add the egg. Poachette rings or crumpet rings are a great way to keep your egg from running into other foods in the pan but also keep your egg in a lovely round shape.

3 - Add the mushroom slices and fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes turning regularly

4 - Scoop out the inside of the avocado, place in a bowl and mash up using a fork

5 - Add the lime juice and season to take

6 - Once the mushrooms are cooked remove from the pan and lay on the plate

7 - Turn the egg and leave on the heat for a few seconds just to seal the top

8 - Place the egg on top of the mushrooms and top the egg with the avocado


This dish makes a deliciously healthy meal. The eggs are full of protein and with the good fats in the avocado you are onto a winner with this meal!





Enjoy x

Now over to you, I cannot wait to see what delights you have been cooking up. If you need to recap on the CookBlogShare rules you can do here but please, please remember to comment!

I am also sharing this recipe with Belleau Kitchen's Simply Eggcellent

CookBlogShare

12 comments:

  1. Wow that looks gorgeous and would work with my food plan. Thanks for posting and for hosting the linkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm yum! My mum always says the same thing, "Everything in moderation" (and has happily reduced her cholesterol through cutting out the sat fat and replacing it with healthy fats)
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Totally agree about the good fats thing...my husband has recently been diagnosed with high cholesterol and so we are trying to eat as much of the good fats as we can...we love avocados, nuts, olive oil etc. mind you so it's no hardship :-) Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flipping delicious #cookblogshare I could eat that right now

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - I want some - I've missed lunch and am grazing :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really into avocado at the moment and LOVE this one so thanks - was looking for alternatives to it on toast :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is like all my favourite food in one dish! Looks fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dish looks awesome, I do not believe that you are saying it is so easy and fast to make.
    Thanks for hosting dear, it is already week 7 of 2016, time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This dish looks awesome, I do not believe that you are saying it is so easy and fast to make.
    Thanks for hosting dear, it is already week 7 of 2016, time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to try this next week - looks delish and I love avocado!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks very yummy Kirsty and perfect for your healthy eating. i agree that while avocado may not be SW friendly as such, it is a good source of healthy fats xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I honestly don't know if there is anything better than those three food items on a plate. Stunning. Thanks for linking to Simply Eggcellent x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x