Thursday 4 February 2016

Slimmerseeker Thursday Week 4

January is over and that means that my Slimmerseeker journey has been going now for 1 month. This week has seen my fourth weigh in. It was not what I had hope but, not all bad!

This week my healthy, clean eating has continued. After last week, I found that I have been enjoying my meals so much more. I have cut out the majority of dairy products, I cannot cut out cheese completely, I love it too much, but have made it my treat food, I am not eating bread and have not had meat. This is not due to ethical beliefs, but just a health belief. I feel healthier eating more meat free meals but will still enjoy meat, as a treat and will only eat the best quality of meat that has been reared organically.

I will admit to not getting my exercise regime up and running again. Since having a week off I have found it hard to find the motivation to get back to doing it everyday. However I am going to my weekly keep fit class and am walking the school run a lot more. 

This week I have started to notice a few changes in how some of my clothes are fitting. Trousers are becoming looser around the waist, some tops are feeling baggier and I can do up gilet again. Last year I was suffering with my back and as my weight is reducing I am noticing less pain which means I am finally not using morphine patches for the pain and have significantly reduced the amount of pain killers that I am taking. Loosing weight certainly is having a huge effect on my body and well being. So after one month I can see that I am going in the right direction.

Before I tell you how the scales went for me this week let me tell you a bit about the posts that were shared last week...


Cheryl from Madhouse Family Reviews shared this great motivational quote. It is easy to dismiss the half pounds but when you think about them like this they do make a difference! Cheryl lost 1kg last week and is starting to notice a difference! Well done!

Chocolate Cherry Mocha Brownie Bites...a raw, vegan treat that will satisfy any chocolate craving from Healthy Helper Blog [vegan, raw, gluten-free, healthy, healthy food, healthy snack, healthy recipe, cherry, coffee, chocolate, dessert, treat, Valentine's Day, healthy Valentine's Day, easy to make, paleo, vegetarian, bites, balls, truffles]

Kaila from the Healthy Helper shared three deliciously healthy recipes but these had to be my favourite! Her Chocolate Cherry Mocha Brownie Bites look and sounds divine! Not only are they healthy but they are also vegan, gluten free and high in protein!

Slimmer of the month January 2016

Emma from Life According to Mrs Shilts celebrated receiving the Slimmer of the Month award. Emma lost an amazing 71.5lbs while on Slimming World and really is an inspiration for anyone who wants to loose weight and improve their health. I know that her story inspired me and for that I thank you Emma!

beautiful doorway in stone wall

Michelle from Progress Not Perfection shared where she has found her source of satisfaction in her journey to discovering a happier relationship with food. This story really did sound so familiar and I am sure that with her faith Michelle will find making changes easier that it initially seems.

NEWWEIGHTLOSSWEDNESDAY

Sim from Sims Life resurrected Weightloss Wednesday. This was a linky which I loved joining in with and was disappointed to see it had stopped in January. That is why I created Slimmerseeker Thursday. But I am delighted it is back and we can all support each other through this journey.

Beth from Beth in a Box who co hosts Weightloss Wednesday shared her fantastic top 5 tips for loosing weight successfully. I really do recommend having a read, it will help you when your week is not going too well. These tips will motivate you and remind you that it is not always easy and we all fall off the wagon every now and then!

Thank you for joining in with Slimmerseeker. Having this group and linky really is keeping me motivated! Every week I tweet your posts, pin them on my Slimmerseeker board and comment.

Now on to this weeks results:
  • Start weight 04/01/16 - 14 st
  • Weigh in one 11/01/16 - Loss of 6 lbs - 13 st 8 lbs
  • Weigh in two 18/01/16 - Loss of 2 lbs - 13 st 6 lbs
  • Weigh in three 25/01/16 - Loss of 3 lbs - 13 st 3 lbs
  • Weigh in four 01/02/16 - Loss of 1lb - 13 st 2 lbs
I was hoping to get my stone loss this week but only lost 1lb but I am pleased with that.

Now over to you. I cannot wait to read how you have been doing this week and what healthy recipes you have created!


Hijacked By Twins

3 comments:

  1. That's four losses in a row, that's a huge achievement - well done ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring my bites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've had such a great month Kirsty, big well done and thanks so much for linking to my post from last week. Mich x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x