Monday 8 February 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 8th February 2016

Last weeks meal plan did not go exactly to plan. I had planned for three meat free meals, one meat and one fish dish. But when it came to deciding if we really wanted the venison cottage pie we found that we didn't. Last week we ended up having 6 meat free, vegan meals. We only had fish when we went to my mum and dads for Sunday dinner.

I guess that this means we are now a meat free family and are really enjoying it. I have found a new love for flavours and foods that I have had for a while.

This week I am planning a totally meat free week and am really looking forward to these meals!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 8th February 2016

Monday - Chinese New Year Stir Fry

I have been sent some of Tilda's latest rices which I will be using to make us a stir fry.

Tuesday - Roast Pepper Pasta

A couple of weeks ago I made Freekah Stuffed Peppers and had some leftovers which I blended down and had some as a soup and put some in the freezer to have another time. On Tuesday I will be using it as a pasta sauce.

Wednesday - Falafels Wraps and Rice Salad

On Wednesday I am planning to make my own falafels and have them in gluten free wraps with rice and salad.

Thursday - Butternut Squash Risotto

We always love a good risotto so this week the hubby suggested a butternut squash risotto.

Friday - Chickpea, Quinoa and Turmeric Curry

This is a recipe that I have found in Deliciously Ella's Everyday. I will be making a gluten free bread to go with it.

Saturday - Vegan Bolognese with Vegetti

Instead of meat I will be using a variety of beans.

As always I am sharing my weekly meal plan with At Home with Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png

1 comment:

  1. Wow well done you, it's a big change but I do think it will benefit you all. The pepper pasta sounds lovely #mealplanningnonday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x