Tuesday 9 February 2016

#CookBlogShare Week 5 - The Love Round Up

This weeks round up is a day later than normal as this week is a busy foodie week. Yesterday it was the Chinese New Year so naturally I shared a Chinese inspired recipe! Today is pancake day and they simply had to be made and of course Sunday is Valentines Day which is celebrated with food. Wow all in one week!

With these foodie themes in mind I decided to base this weeks roundup on them. There are three delicious recipes for Valentines treats and I had to include a pancake recipe. 

Thank you to Mandy from Sneaky Veg for hosting and sharing the posts and to you all for joining in each week.

Here are my four, seasonal favourites this week...

First all as today is pancake day I thought that the first recipe that I would share is for the mouth watering Banana Buttermilk Pancakes with Caramelised Banana Sauce from The Gluten Free Alchemist. They are gluten free but certainly not taste free. I can just imagine how deliciously moreish these are with the sauce!

Now on to some ideas for Valentines Day. First up is this sweet treat from Everyday Made Fresh. These Brown Sugar Blondies are filled with Valentines coloured M&M's. They say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach and I am sure that these would go down a treat!

How could anyone resist these stunningly pretty Pink Peppercorn Shortbread Hearts from Tales from the Kitchen Shed. These shortbread biscuits are an ideal gift whether it is Valentines day, mothers day, fathers day or a birthday.

Last but not least is this Tomato and Basil Pasta from Mummy Do It. This would be a delicious meal to make for your loved one as a romantic meal for two. A healthy pasta dish with a side plate of fresh salad and some tear and share garlic bread.

This weeks CookBlogShare is over at Snap Happy Bakes so do not forget to pop over and share what delights you have been cooking up this week.

CookBlogShare

3 comments:

  1. I think my boys may be getting me to make those blondies if they see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including me in your round up! Great to be a part of the Cook Blog Share community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including my shortbread hearts Kirsty and for hosting Cook Blog Share. Those buttermilk pancakes look absolutely delicious, the pasta dish looks so tempting and those blondies, chocolate is always a winner, love your foodie theme round up x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x