Monday 15 February 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 15th February 2016

Its half term and more than ever I need to have a meal plan in place. I don't know about you but I find having a meal plan is one less thing to worry about. 

This weeks meal plan has got meat in again. After doing a lot of research and finding so many conflicting opinions we have decided that one meat meal a week is not going to do any of us any harm, if anything it'll be good for us. We found out that there are a lot of necessary amino acids that are found in meat. Plus we were worrying that the children were getting everything that their little bodies need to grow healthily. Therefore we will not be having one meat meal a week and one fish meal. The rest will be vegetarian and when we do have meat I will be going to a local farm shop where the meat is all from local farms and of the highest quality. I honestly believe that a healthy diet is all about moderation.

As it is half term I am going for easier meals, ones that can either be quickly prepared and made or ones that can be left in the oven.

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 15th February 2016

Monday - Healthy Green Pasta

To start the week we will be having a healthy pasta dish full of super green vegetables. Over the weekend we have over indulged in food and wine so we are starting the week as we mean to go on!


Tuesday - Bubble and Squeak

This is inspired by a recipe that I have seen in Veggie magazine.

Wednesday - Prawn and Cod Paella

I love paella and this week I am planning to make one with prawns and cod.

Thursday - Chicken Casserole

This weeks meat dish is going to be a chicken casserole. I am planning to slow cook a whole chicken and removing the meat and using to make a casserole.

Friday - Chickpea, Quinoa and Turmeric Curry

This was a meal that I did not cook last week so we will be having it this week.

Saturday - Twins Birthday!

As it is the twins birthday on Saturday we are going out for a meal. We are going to a local Prezzo and will be taking cake!

mpm different fonts.png

2 comments:

  1. As always everything sounds so tasty especially the Prawn and Cod Paella! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meal plans are such a good idea.

    I used to do them every week when my girls were very little and I could not just go to the shop any time I wanted. Right now I order groceries weekly, I plan everything in my head and somehow most of the time we are not running out of options before the next delivery, but sometimes it is a bit hectic.

    I was thinking of going back to making weekly meal plans for a longer while so my girls can get involved in choosing what they want to eat... thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x