Monday 1 February 2016

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 1st February 2016

Last week I decided that I would try and eat like a vegan. I was amazed by how enjoyable it was and how I did not miss meat! I even cooked a cottage pie for everyone else one evening and I really was not tempted. I have found all of my meals to be so delicious and satisfying.

I decided to try eating as a vegan simply out of curiosity. Curiosity to how easy or difficult it was, whether I would enjoy it and if I would feel any better in myself. I do not think I could be a complete vegan as I love eggs and cheese but I have learnt that I could quite happily be a vegetarian. However I do also believe in a mixed diet so I will continue to eat meat, but I will be reducing it down to one meal a week. I will also continue to eat fish and this will also be one meal a week. The remaining days will be vegetarian based meals. I can honestly say I am looking forward to it! I am starting to actually love all of my meals and not just eating them. I am savouring them and finding them nourishing!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 1st February 2016

Monday - Veggie Chilli

I love a good chilli con carne so this week I will be having a go at making a vegetarian one. I am planning to substitute the meat with lentils.

Tuesday - Tofu Stir Fry with Soba Noodles

This is another, completely new meal. I have ordered some tofu on my weekly food delivery. I am curious about trying new vegetarian options and trying it with my family.

Wednesday - Meat Day - Venison Cottage Pie

I will be making a venison version of our much loved classic.

Thursday - Soup

The Hubby has requested that I make a Bear Grylls soup, so I will be making it on Thursday.

Friday - Fish Night Grilled Salmon with Mango and Lime

This will be served with salad and potatoes.

As always I am not planning for the weekend. I hope you have a great week.

I am sharing my Weekly Meal Plan with At Home with Mrs M.



mpm different fonts.png

5 comments:

  1. I've found I don't miss meat if the dish is packed with flavour. Just means cooking two meals which is a pain tho x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that you are trying to eat less meat and more vegetarian/vegan options. I do the same, but I'm dairy-free for medical reasons. I hope you enjoy the tofu/soba noodle stir fry, that's a favourite of mine. I also love veggie chilli; sometimes I will cube and roast sweet potatoes and add them to the chilli for a bit of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegetarian I can manage - full on vegan, no way! I love my dairy and eggs way too much. If you're interested in cooking more veggie dishes and don't own them already, Yotam Ottolenghi's "Plenty" and "Plenty More" are two brilliant books packed with interesting ideas - we get lots of use of them in our house, and the husband is a committed carnivore! You meal plan sounds lovely - I adore tofu. Enjoy your week! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to have a no-meat option for the week. I can't give it up completely though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never thought of going veggie but interested to see how you get on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x