Sunday 20 July 2014

14th July - 20th July 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

This has been another hard week. However I feel that the hardest day has been done. I am now looking towards the future and treasuring the memories that I have.

Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 14th July 2014


On Sunday night I had a mad rush to make Joseph's Greek costume for his school production. In true Kirsty style it got left until last minute and I was sat at the sewing machine at 10pm! So when he was up on Monday morning the first job was to make sure that it fitted ok. Thankfully it did!

Tuesday 15th July 2014


We were delighted to discover that the first ears of corn are growing. This is the first year that we have attempted to grow sweetcorn. We are so pleased with how they are going, so far, we are planning to grow more next year.

Wednesday 16th July 2014


Wednesday was the day that broke me. On Wednesday we said a final goodbye to my Nanna. However I did smile when we went to see Josephs school production in the evening. I was so proud of him, he sung his heart out! We finished the day by going in the garden to reflect on the day and saw this beautiful night sky. Nanna really was looking down on us.

Thursday 17th July 2014


On Thursday I woke with a positive feeling of wanting to look to the future. So I made the big step of booking my ticket for Brit Mums Live 2015. The latest Tots100 scores also came out and I was over the moon to see that after a year of blogging I am now in the top 500! I came in at 349 and was over the moon! I have also had my highest Foodies100 score of 170 this month. They really have picked me up this week!

Friday 18th July 2014


Our little Dotty is really growing! She is now 12 weeks old and has really settled into our daily lives. As Friday was such a lovely afternoon we decided to have a barbecue. It was lovely to sit out and enjoy the sunshine with some good food.

Saturday 19th July 2014


Once the rain stopped we were able to go out in the garden for a while. This is Isabella's sunflower, which is undeniably the tallest! We are curious to see how much taller it is going to get as it hasn't flowered yet. We finished the day off with some quality time with Joseph and played Monopoly.

Sunday 20th July 2014


After a stormy night we had a lazy start to the day. The hubby took the children downstairs and left me in bed for a little lie in. For some unknown reason our microwave has started smoking this morning. We're not sure if it was damaged after the electricity went off during the storm last night so microwave shopping we went! After shopping we stopped at a local house and gardens that we have an annual pass for. We enjoyed a lovely walk around the gardens. I have so many childhood memories from there, it was a place where my Nanna and Grandad took me as a child. Now we are taking our children and letting them create memories there. I think it was always be a special place to us that we will always enjoy visiting.

Have a lovely week x

As always I am sharing our week in pictures with:

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling positive and I am so excited you booked your BritMums ticket. Lovely pictures hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. itis good that you are trying to look forward now Kirsty , never forgetting but as you say letting memories live on with you and your children.
    well done on your scores and for booking your BML tickets for next year - something to look forward to indeedy. and well done on Joseph's Greek costume i could neevr make anythiong so good. and he does look so tall! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) it is scary how tall Joseph is getting, he'll be as tall as me soon lol x

      Delete
  3. Glad you got through wednesday without to many hiccups. Love the costume, and he seems to be happy with it. We are growing corn but nothing on it yet, a few years back ours got to 5 ft tall.

    How lovely to share with your children, an hopefully your grandchildren, what you shared with your grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you got through Wednesday and that was a very beautiful sky. Great news on the scores, well done! And yay on the ticket, must book mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos, sorry about your Nanna, but that photo is stunning. Monkey's sunflower is well over 6 foot now and still not out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Massive congratulations on your new Tots score! I hope you're ok.

    Thank you for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x