Thursday 31 July 2014

Cumin Topped Lamb Steaks

Lamb is a meat that we simply do not have enough. I always try to cook lamb at Easter and then it tends to become the forgotten meat for the rest of the year.

When I saw some lovely, lean lamb steaks that were half price I snapped them up.

When you think of lamb you immediately think mint. However there are so many other herbs and spices that go perfectly with lamb. Like cumin. That is what I have used in this easy, summer time meal.

This is what I did...


Cumin Topped Lamb Steaks

Ingredients

Lamb steaks
Whole cumin seeds
2 courgettes, grated
1 red pepper, chopped
1 red onion, sliced
New potatoes

Method

1 - Place the new potatoes in a pan of boiling water and simmer until cooked.

2 - Grill the lamb steaks under a medium heat for 10 minutes on one side before turning.

3 - Turn the steaks and sprinkle on the whole cumin seeds, amount depending on taste, and return under the grill for a further 10 minutes.

4 - While the lamb steaks finish cooking heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and add the courgettes, red pepper and red onion. Fry until the onions and pepper start to soften but still have a bit of crunch.

5 - To serve place a bed of courgettes, red peppers and red onion on a plate. Top with the lamb steak and finish with new potatoes.


This is meal is delicious served al fresco in the summer sun.

Enjoy x


I am sharing my recipe with

A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week
Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays

Link up your recipe of the week
Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

11 comments:

  1. Yum yum these look gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! I'm the only one in my house that likes lamb so I just never buy it. I want it now, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have lamb enough, this really is a tasty way to eat it and the steaks were really lean :-) x

      Delete
  3. That looks really delicious and I love the plate too! #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use cumin, they look really tasty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow utterly scrumptious-my idea of dinner! Love your styling and photography! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so beautiful I can almost smell it! Thanks so much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. Sorry I was particularly slow getting over for this one. I've pinned it to my food board and a tweet will go out shortly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x