Sunday 6 July 2014

30th June - 6th July 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

This week has been just awful. I am not even sure if I too a picture everyday. I will find out when I take a look.

This week has been full of tears and heartache. Please bear with me as I try and tell you about our week.

Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 30th June 2014


Monday started off by needing coffee. Due to the worry about my Nanna sleep has been suffering. On Monday I had the heartbreaking job of saying my goodbyes. When I arrived at the hospital my Nanna was sleeping, she slept all the time that I was there, until I left. I gave her a kiss and whispered in her ear "Good night Nanna, I love you, sleep well" and she opened her eyes, looked at me, and said "I love you too". That was the last time I saw and spoke to my Nanna. I feel a peace in my heart that we said our goodbyes.

Tuesday 1st July 2014


While waiting for any news I kept myself busy by cooking and blogging. I kept myself so busy as I was sat at home waiting for news. Hubby came home early from work and as soon as I saw him stood in the kitchen after we had done the school run I knew he was waiting to tell me that we had lost my Nanna, I just knew.

Wednesday 2nd July 2014


On Wednesday hubby had the day off. On Wednesday I felt nothing but emptiness. We kept busy by taking the car to the garage, walking around shops, taking the children for a play and just keeping going. I did walk around in a bit of a haze, I was there but I wasn't. My mind was elsewhere. One thing that did make me smile was watching the twins playing with the tyres. Taylor found a piece of tyre that became a telephone.

Thursday 3rd July 2014


Thursday I set myself the task of doing something that I enjoy. That something had to be baking. I have not baked in about a week which is not like me. So I baked this delicious Passion Fruit Cake which I will be writing about next week.

Friday 4th July 2014


I am starting to look after myself a bit more. I am normally a breakfast skipper but after receiving some All Bran to try I have a reason to start eating better. This is my first step to looking after me as well as everyone else and getting better.

Saturday 5th July 2014


I am now making the most of the bit of me time that I get on a Saturday morning while Joseph swims as he is going to stop after his sessions have finished. This was the only photo that I took yesterday. Saturday broke me. We went to my Nanna and Grandads house. I thought that I had cried, but during this visit I broke down, seeing their house without them broke my heart. My dad has said that it does get easier after the first visit. I spent so much of my life in that bungalow with my grandparents, I have so many happy memories from my time there, my memories will always be there but the house feels so empty. Even though it is still full of furniture it doesn't feel like a home full of love, it is purely a house, bricks and mortar. It was them that made it feel full of love and they are not there. I still can't believe that I will not see them again.

Sunday 6th July 2014


My Silent Sunday.

Thank you for bearing with me and I am sorry that this is not a happy post. I can feel me coming back so I am hoping next week will be better.

Have a great week x

I am sharing my week in pictures with

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

8 comments:

  1. Oh hun, I am so sorry about your Nanna. Heart wrenching, I am so close to mine. She is a peace now and will always watch over you all. Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your Nanna. Much love.
    Found you through the Expressions Linky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very sorry to hear of your loss and your sad sad week. ((((hugs)))) to you all. I got the Kelloggs cereals as well, not tried the golden crunch yet but the other two are nice. That cake looks delicious, I like to bake when I am depressed as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a rotten week :( It is so hard when someone dies. I'm so glad you were able to speak to her - if only briefly - before she died x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your Nanna :( Lots of hugs.

    Thank you so much for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetheart I am so sorry for your loss, I'm having a little cry writing this as I remember the emptiness of losing my nana and that was 20 years ago. It does become easier to bear, and the happy memories come through. Big hug to you.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Kirsty i have a lump in my throat now i send you (hugs) because this reminds me so much of my Na (grandad) passing 18 months ago now, as i managed to see him hours before he died and i am so thankful for that.
    changing tact now - your cake looks scrummy yum x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x