Tuesday 8 July 2014

Summer Fish Pie

I always enjoy a good old fish pie. However it is a warming, autumn/winter comfort food. In the summer I like to eat lighter meals and this one is perfect.

I have combined the classic fish pie flavours with summer vegetables finished off with a crispy cheese topping. This meal is not only full of summer flavours but only takes 30 minutes to cook so you are not spending a long time in the kitchen with the oven on!

This is what I did...


Summer Fish Pie

Ingredients

350g fish, mixture of salmon, cod and smoked haddock
1 red onion
1 red pepper
1 courgette
150g mushrooms
6 baby tomatoes, quartered
200g new potatoes, cut into cubes
Olive oil
Parsley
100g Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar Crumble with Black Pepper

Method

1 - Cook the cubes of potatoes in a hot air fryer for 30 minutes with a tsp of parsley and 1tbsp of olive oil. If you do not have a hot air fryer boil in water for 5 minutes and then roast in a pre heated oven at 200C for 25 minutes.

2 - While the potatoes are cooking heat a little olive oil a large frying pan and add the fish. Fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes.

3 - Add the onions, courgettes, red peppers, mushrooms, baby tomatoes and 1tsp of parsley to the pan and cook over a medium heat until the fish is cooked through and the vegetables have softened.

4 - Transfer the fish and vegetables into an oven proof dish and top with the cooked cubes of potato.

5 - Sprinkle over the Pilgrims Choice Mature Cheddar Crumbles with Black Pepper and place under a high grill until the cheese has melted and is beginning to brown and serve.



This is such a tasty, easy and quick meal that all of the family enjoyed. If you love fish and the flavours of summer this dish is for you!

Enjoy x



Disclosure: I was kindly sent some Pilgrims Choice Crumbles to try for the purpose of this post. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest. For more information on the new crumbles visit Pilgrims Choice.

I am sharing my recipe with

Honest Mum - Tasty Tuesdays
A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week
Javelin Warrior Cooking W/Luv - Made With Love Mondays


Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com
Link up your recipe of the week
Made with Love Mondays, hosted by Javelin Warrior

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea! We love fish pie here so updating to have a summer feel is really wonderful. yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. The addition of the summer vegetables is genius, it looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought of putting veg in a fish pie, but this sounds like the perfect combination, so I'll definitely have to give it a try now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only made one fish pie before (and it was certainly the winter classic), but I love the change up with these fresh summer veggies. It's lighter and sounds delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirsty, this summery fish pie sounds incredibly tasty. Love it. ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious, we love fish pie here! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good - really colourful compared to some fish pies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard or seen this recipe before, but I'm glad that I have now. Thanks for the recipe I would love to make this for dinner tonight. You end result looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x