Saturday 5 July 2014

Word of the Week - 4th July 2014

It's word of the week time again. This week I have struggled to choose one word which sums up this week. I could have chosen worry, devastation, grief, loss, emptiness or sadness.

But I am not choosing any of them. I want to focus on positive feelings. I have chosen as my word of the week, or this week it should be word of the day as it is how I am feeling today, is...

OPTIMISM

Why have I chosen Optimism after this devastating week?

Well, today, I have woken up with a determination that I have not felt in a while. A determination to dug myself out of this hole of grief and depression. I have chosen this word to keep me going as I know that tomorrow I may not feel like this.

I will definitely not feel like this when I visit my Nanna at the funeral directors, I won't feel like this at her funeral.

But today I do.

I know that I can over come this.

So I will re read this post as to remind myself that I am strong. I can do this. My my hubby, children, parents, give me the support that I need to do this.

I have been lucky with my medication and have a practically no side effects. The start of the day isn't good but come mid to late afternoon I am starting to feel more like myself. I have been baking which always cheers me up and after not doing any for a week it was good to get back to doing what makes me happy.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I am sharing my Word of the Week with the lovely Jocelyn at The Reading Residence

The Reading Residence

6 comments:

  1. I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling determined and not experiencing any medication side effects. i hope that this continues and you have a fantastic week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've chosen such a wonderful and positive word after what's clearly been a very tough and emotional week. Sorry for the loss of your nanna, and I do hope the funeral goes smoothly. It's good to hear that your medication is going well, and without side effects, too. I really hope this post, and this mood and determination do help to get you through, along with your wonderful family x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, there is light at the end of the tunnel and if it seems to disappear one day just remind yourself that actually, it is still there, just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such nice words. Thank you. I could use some of this nice words as well.

      Delete
    2. Again I am sorry for your lost and I hope that you will have an okay future weeks. Enough for you to recover from all these things thats bothering you now.

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you've found some positivity to give you strength during such a tough time. Glad to hear you've found baking again, I find it so therapeutic. Hope the coming weeks are kind to you. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x