Friday 25 July 2014

Word of the Week

My word of the week has to be

HOME

I miss my home and I am so thankful that I am going home today.

You may be wondering why I miss my home and where I have been.

I have spent the last 3 nights in hospital with appendicitis and on Wednesday I had keyhole surgery to remove my appendix.

This really was not how I expected to start the summer holidays. But after being in excruciating pain on Tuesday night I knew something was not right and told the hubby to take me to hospital. I peeked at the children and left.

Home is such an important place and I don't think you truly appreciate home until you are not able to be there.

I miss my own bed, I miss my kitchen, I even miss the kids mess but most of all I miss having my family around me. I miss the children and my hubby so much.

Today I am thankful that the doctors have said that I can go home today. Now I have to wait impatiently for 2 o'clock to arrive to leave!

That is why home is my word of the week, because home is where I belong.

What word would sum up your week?

As always I am sharing my word of the week with the lovely Jocelyn at The Reading Residence - Word of the Week

The Reading Residence

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! Not a great start to the holidays! I had my appendix out years ago.....It was so painful! Hope you feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kirsty, I do hope you are home now? What a week for you. Get well soon and recuperate in the comfort of your lovely home x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are home hun and that you are ok. I would feel exactly the same as you desperate to get home xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a week!! So glad to hear you're on your way home! 3 nights is ages, especially when it was no plan of yours to be away!
    Take it easy and recover lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I hope you are home now. Get well soon #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I am glad that you are going home too! Hospital can be a very very lonely place esp in summer where everyone is at home. Get well soon and have fun at home =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x