Thursday 24 July 2014

Hospital

Well this was not the start to the summer holidays I was expecting!

On Tuesday evening I started getting sharp, shooting pains in my abdomen. They gradually got worse and to the point where I felt like I was going to pass out. At this point I realised something really wasn't right and that I needed checking out and couldn't wait until the morning. The hubby rung my parents and they came and sat with the children while he took me to hospital. All the way to the hospital I felt like I was going to pass out. That was a worrying sensation. When we arrived I was unable to stand so hubby ran and got me a wheelchair and got me in. He was a god send, as always, I could hardly talk at that time so he got me checked in and I was relieved when we were seen quickly.  As I was laid on the bed I could feel myself slipping in and out of consciousness with the pain. I was quickly given a dose of oral morphine to ease the pain. Which was swiftly followed my an intravenous dose. Unsurprisingly I was kept in with suspected appendicitis.

On Wednesday I was taken to have my operation. I was taken into the same theatre where the twins were born which put me at ease.

Thankfully the operation was done via keyhole surgery so my recovery should be quicker. My appendix, luckily, had not perforated and they surgeon was able to cleanly remove my swollen appendix.

I had a bad night last night, have been in a lot of pain today but have picked up this afternoon. Fingers crossed I'll be discharged tomorrow.  I am really missing home, the hubby and the kids. This is the longest time I've been away from them all on my own. I am looking forward to seeing the hubby and Joseph later this evening.

Hopefully I'll be home tomorrow and get a bit of normality back. I'll have to take it easy for a couple of weeks so I'll have the perfect excuse to sit and write!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I'm glad that they got you sorted out, just in time by the sounds of it. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope you have a restful night after seeing your visitors x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how worrying to start with not knowing what it was, glad you've picked up and hope you continue to do so - take care of yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x