Thursday 17 July 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow - Week 28

What glorious weather we are having!

I love it but the plants are not too happy with the heat. However the butterflies seem to be enjoying both the weather and our plants. We have had so many fluttering around. They are so pretty to see. Along with the butterflies are many bees around the clover on the lawn and lavender.

This week I thought I'd update you on how our vegetable garden is coming on as well as a few photographs of some pretty flowers which are opening up.

This is how our garden has grown this week...

I love going down the garden to harvest vegetables for our meals!
My herb garden is getting full!
Our first aubergine is growing.
We have some bizarre looking cucumbers growing
(they are supposed to look like that!)
Carrots are just ready to harvest.
Our huge cabbages!
Our courgettes are enormous compared to last year.

This is the first year we have attempted to grow sweetcorn and
it is doing so well.
We have our first ears of corn coming.
Our lovely, full greenhouse.
I took this photograph of the Dahlia at dusk, I loved how vibrant
the pink looks against the dark leaves
 
A different variety of Allium which is opening up
The butterflies visiting

The Sweet Peas growing up the children's swing
The Dahlia in the day time
Another Dahlia opening up
Some pretty Fuchsia's in a pot on the door step
As always I am sharing how our garden has grown with the lovely Manneskjur - How Does Your Garden Grow?

Manneskjur

8 comments:

  1. Look at all those veggies! |We just have salad still to eat. I wish we had more space in the garden so we could grow more stuff in the ground rather than just in containers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have luscious plants! Everything is in bloom! I love those cucumbers. So unique looking. I have those green insects in my sunflower. Are they an ok insect or bad? Shouw I remove them? Sorry I really dont know anything about this plant thing. #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your veg are doing so well! How great to be able to harvest your own meals. Those butterfly shots are just beautiful, and the flowers are all looking lovely - I have that allium, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how well stocked your greenhouse is already- great! It only seems like yesterday you were putting it up.
    It makes me so happy to see such a lovely garden, yielding you all so many veggies - you can't beat the taste of homegrown can you?
    Sweetpeas growing up the swing - so cool!
    Thanks ever so much for joining in again xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO envious of your veggies!! In my head this is how I want my garden to look but instead it is just a shambles. I long to have a veg garden and nip out to pick things to eat but I am so rubbish in the garden what I do grow I kill. I cant even begin to tell you about my tomatoes this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it's all looking brilliant! I am very jealous of your lovely tidy greenhouse! Mine is old and rickety in a very bad way, and also full of weeds!!! Argh! Anyway, good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fabulous garden! I am in love with your greenhouse! one day I hope to have one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the sweetpeas growing up the swing, looks so pretty. Your garden and veggie patch is so tidy and everything is in such great condition. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x