Sunday 27 July 2014

21st July - 27th July 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

Well this week has certainly been eventful!

The summer holidays have not started as we had expected, however it will get better!

This is our week in pictures...

Monday 21st July 2014


Monday was red hot so I got the paddling pool out for the twins to cool down. They loved it so much more than I had expected! Taylor stood there and threw buckets of water all over himself while Isabella stood giggling at him.

Tuesday 22nd July 2014


We had more paddling pool fun on Tuesday and the twins blew bubble to their Grandma and Gramps. Isabella does keep asking where Mamar is so I have told her that she is a bright star and that she can blow bubbles to her instead of kisses.
Tuesday night was what we were not expecting. On Tuesday night I started getting excruciating pain in my abdomen. I tried gritting my teeth and getting on with it but in the end I had to admit to the hubby that something was not right. He rang my mum and dad to come and be with the children and he rushed me to hospital. I was quickly given some morphine to kill the pain and was told that I had appendicitis. I was placed on the operating list for the following day.

Wednesday 23rd July 2014


On Wednesday afternoon my appendix was removed via keyhole surgery. Wednesday went by in a blur of pain, drugs and anaesthetic. The one thing that did put me at ease was my surgery was performed in the same theatre that the twins were delivered in! I immediately recognised the room before the operating theatre.

Thursday 24th July 2014


Thursday was another painful day. As I had keyhole surgery they had pumped my body full of gas and this gas was lingering about in my chest. This made just breathing painful. Joseph came to visit me in the evening and entertained himself with the oxygen mask that he found.

Friday 25th July 2014



On Friday my pain was starting to ease and I was discharged! It was lovely to be back home with the hubby and my children. I had missed all of them so much.

Saturday 26th July 2014


On Saturday I was proud to add this picture to my blog! I am over the moon to have been selected to be part of the Center Parcs Family Blog Club. We are all extremely excited to be visiting the Sherwood Forest Resort at the end of November to experience their Winter Wonderland.

Sunday 27th July 2014


My Silent Sunday.

Hope you have a great week x

As always I am sharing our week with

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky

20 comments:

  1. wow what a week for you, hope your all healthy and back to normal now. You have such a beautiful family, enjoying the lovely summer weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, poor you :( How have you found the time to write a post?! I hope you're on the mend really quickly and get to enjoy the summer with your kiddies. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to have my feet up a lot so had a good excuse :-) today I am feeling myself again so bring on the summer x

      Delete
  3. Came over from #expressions, but captivated by your silent Sunday, the photo of the flower - just gorgeous!
    Take care (hope you're feeling better - I had keyhole surgery when I was 19 and still remember that weird bubbly pain that they told me was the air!)
    Lucas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) yes the pain from the gas was awful! Thankfully its all gone now x

      Delete
  4. Eeek what a tough sounding week after such a lovely fun photo to start - I do hope the holidays get much better from now on! #expressions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) looking forward to the rest of the summer x

      Delete
  5. Poor you. I hope you are well on the mend now huni. I had my gal bladder removed by keyhole surgery and the air left in is agony. I hope it has gone now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo painful, thankfully its all gone now! Bring on the summer fun :-) xx

      Delete
  6. oh what a busy and tough week! i am glad to hear you feel better x hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, not sure if my comment went through - sorry you've had another rough week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, looking forward to some summer fun :-) x

      Delete
  8. gosh that was sudden, but at least you know what was causing it and that it wont reoccur, hope your well on the road to recovery.
    Joseph is funny in that pic, sort of thing kids like to do.
    The paddling pool likes like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came on so quick! The kids certainly do make us giggle x

      Delete
  9. Oh gosh Kirsty I hope you're alright. How fast everything happened. It must have been such a shock to have your appendix out and a really difficult week for you. Such great photos of the kids and well done on Center Parcs. Hope this week has been kinder to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :-) looking forward to having some summer fun now x

      Delete
  10. Gosh!!! I hope you're feeling ok now?? Congrats on the Center Parcs achievement! Amazing!

    Thanks for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :-) thankfully I am feeling a lot better now xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x