Saturday 12 July 2014

7th July - 13th July 2014 - One Picture Everyday For One Year

This week has been a week of ups and downs.

The ups have been within myself. My medication has kicked in and I am feeling more like myself. I am smiling and laughing again and my motivation has returned.

The downs have been around the loss of my Nanna and my grief. However I am dealing with it and it is not pulling me down.

Here is our week in pictures...

Monday 7th July 2014


I love this time of year because we start harvesting vegetables. This year the twins are more aware of the vegetable patch and they both love our trips down to collect potatoes, peas and beans.

Tuesday 8th July 2014


Tuesday was a baking and cooking day. I made the delicious cakes pictured. My recipe for Chocolate and Apricot cakes will be posted next week.

Wednesday 9th July 20147




This week I have been enjoying lots of outdoor play with the children. We have been out everyday after tea and have played until bedtime. I also bought the twins some "big boy/girl" pants with the aim to start potty training. Taylor was so pleased with his pants he insisted on wearing them over his jeans.

Thursday 10th July 2014


Thursday was a hard day. For some reason I wanted to go to my Nanna and Grandad's bungalow. I just wanted to feel close to them. When we arrived the twins shouted "Yay! Mamars!" and when they went in and saw that she wasn't there Isabella said "Mamar hiding". They have noticed that she is not where she usually is. A drink was definitely needed in the evening and I toasted to missed family.

Friday 11th July 2014


Friday we started the day off down the garden and Isabella discovered that she loves sugar snap peas. After she had one pod she wanted another and another and another! She just kept pulling them off and saying "Mummy open" so she could get the peas out. Friday was another extremely hard day. I visited my Nanna at the chapel of rest. I left heartbroken as the realisation sank in even further that I will never see her again. I found it so hard to leave. I know that now I just need to get through next Wednesday and I can start to heal.

Saturday 12th July 2014




Saturday was a day of sunny fun in the garden. As it was so hot we got the sprinkler out for the children. They loved running in and out of the water and were soaked! We finished the day off with a lovely barbecue.

Sunday 13th July 2014


My Silent Sunday.

Have a lovely week x

As always I am sharing our week in pictures with

TheBoyandMe's 365 Linky


11 comments:

  1. awww Kirsty i am so sorry you are having a tough time at the moment with the loss of your nan big (hugs)
    your cakes look so pretty and delicious and neat! and i love peas straight from the pod x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful outdoor sort of week. I love the superman style pants look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cakes look incredible - nothing I make looks that neat and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous photos and those chocolate cakes look SO GOOD!!! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're feeling a little more together - it's tough. Some lovely colourful pictures though - the Bug is eating sugar snaps raw from the pods as school snacks at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor you, sounds like a really tough week. So sorry to hear about your Nanna :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you've felt sad this week, very natural and understandable.
    LOVE that cake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cakes look wonderful, nice to see individual size ones too. Nice butterfly capture.

    Thanks for linking up to Project 365.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures huni. I am so sorry to hear about your Nanna, big hugs. The picture of Taylor in his pants is so cute and your cakes look yummy! Well done on your Foodies rank hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. the hedge looks heart shaped at the top, The Superman pic made me laugh, children can be so funny cant they.
    Nothing tastes nicer than veg fresh picked, and who can blame her for wanting to eat all the peas straight from the pod.
    Sorry about your Nana and I hope you got through Wednesday all right.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh those chocolate and apricot cakes look delicious! I hope you're ok - thinking about you.

    Thank you for linking up to #TWTWC xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x