Tuesday 22 April 2014

Cinnamon Breakfast Loaf

I often miss breakfast because of the morning madness rush and coffee always seems so much more inviting!

However when the twins have their mid morning nap, this is when I sit down with a drink and enjoy something to eat. I will often have some Settling Ginger Loaf that I make for the hubby to take to work. However, after having Hot Cross Buns over Easter I have wanted to have something a little bit different. I love cinnamon and its around Easter and Christmas that I really remember one of my favourite flavours. I love sweet breads but find that making brioche is such a long, drawn out process.

So I have made a sweet, enriched dough which I think is just as tasty and little less guilt ridden as brioche!

This is what I did...

Cinnamon Breakfast Loaf

Ingredients

200g strong white flour
4g instant yeast
3g salt
30g caster sugar
20g butter, melted
45mls milk
15mls cream
40 - 50mls water
1tbsp ground cinnamon
Icing sugar for dusting

Method

1 - Place the flour and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl

2 - Put the yeast on one side and add the salt and sugar to the other side

3 - Add the milk, cream, melted butter and half the water and begin to mix with your hand, bringing all of the ingredients together

4 - Add more water if needed, once you have a manageable dough remove from the bowl and knead for 5 - 10 minutes or until it has a smooth texture

5 - Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover and leave to prove for 1 - 2 hours or until doubled in size

6 - Once it has doubled, remove from the bowl and knock the air out, knead until smooth again, shape, place on a lined baking tray, cover and leave to prove until doubled in size again

7 - Pre heat the oven to 200C

8 - Once the dough is ready place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom then leave to cool on a cooling rack

Once the loaf has cooled sprinkle or sieve icing sugar over the top and serve.

I enjoyed a slice of this delicious bread with a chai latte and it they went together perfectly!

Enjoy x


I am sharing this recipe with Honest Mums Tasty Tuesdays pop over and check out some delicious recipes.

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

I am also sharing this recipe with A Mummy Too's Recipe of the Week pop over and check out some delicious recipes.

Link up your recipe of the week
 
I am also sharing this recipe with Casa Costello's Bake of the Week pop over and check out the other yummy bakes, Helen's Hazelnut Ficelle look delicious!

Casa Costello

8 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely loaf. I might give it a go (minus the cinnamon). Mel #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another yummy creation, I love cinnamon in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this would make a great alternative to the fruit loaf that my girls like eating for breakfast #TastyTuesdays x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks and sounds delicious - I love cinnamon but French Hubs complains that the Brits put it in everything, so I would be able to eat this without having to share :-)
    #Recipeoftheweek #TastyTuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks and sounds sooo good! I love the idea of making bread but I just don't know how all the kneading and proving process fits in around looking after small children... Its obviously possible though! Thanks for sharing the recipe. #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, you start your day in style with that loaf! Thanks so much for joining in with #Bakeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try and make this, my husband will love it #Bakeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x