Tuesday 1 April 2014

Reading Eggs - Review

I am constantly trying to find new ways of keeping Joseph engaged in reading. But I will admit that I struggle.

He has never been one to love reading as hubby and I do. So when I was offered the chance to try and review Reading Eggs I saw this as an opportunity to encourage him further.

What attracted me to Reading Eggs, or should I say, what I thought would attract Joseph to Reading Eggs is that it is online reading.

I am a huge book fan and I do not want to replace books but realistically I know that combining reading with Joseph's love of technology and computers can only be a positive influence.

I easily signed up for Reading Eggs and was pleased to see that I was able to monitor Joseph's reading progress. In the past he has told me that he has read when I know that he has exaggerated how much he has read. The progress page lets me see exactly how much he has read and how much he has understood about the book.

That's the beauty of Reading Eggs, it doesn't take for granted that the book has been read, it asks questions to check that the book has not only been read but understood too.

Reading Eggs provide 3 lessons

  • Reading Eggs 3 - 7 years old
  • Reading Eggspress 7 - 13 years
  • Mathseeds 3 - 6 years old
Being able to read whilst using his computer and playing the reading games has encouraged Joseph. Yes, I have to remind him to read, however I only have to say it once and I am not nagging!

Reading Eggs also have apps for iPad and android. However there are no apps for the Kindle which we were disappointed about. We use Kindles so if there was an app it would have made using even easier. So Joseph had to use the computer but he didn't mind.

I would recommend Reading Eggs for anyone who has a reluctant reader who loves computers!

When I asked Joseph how many stars out of 5 would he give Reading Eggs he said 4.5! For Joseph to give a reading activity 4.5 out of 5 is a huge improvement!

For more details about Reading Eggs, their prices, how to subscribe and to sign up for a free trial run visit Reading Eggs

I am also pleased to be able to offer my readers an extended free trial period. This will give you a 5 week free trial instead of the usual 2 weeks when you use the code UKB27RET.

Disclaimer: We were given the 5 week free extended trial for the purpose of this review. All views and opinions are 100% honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x