Thursday 3 April 2014

Mary Berry's Tuna Bake with added Vegetabes

I have recently bought Mary Berry's new cook book, Mary Berry Cooks
 
I love what Mary Berry does and I knew that thee would be a lot of recipes to keep me going.
 
This week I have cooked one of Mary's recipes, however, as usual I had to put a twist on it. I loved the sound of Hobie's Tuna Pasta Bake, however, for us, it was missing something.
 
It was missing vegetables!
 
This is what I got...
 
Mary Berry's Tuna Bake with added Vegetables
 
Ingredients
 
250g pasta
50g butter
50g plain flour
600mls milk
125g mature cheddar cheese
1 tin of tuna
Broccoli
6 medium mushrooms, chopped
1 courgette, halved and sliced
1 onion
Black pepper
 
Method
 
1 - Cook the pasta as per instructions and the broccoli florets in boiling water
 
2 - Fry the onions, mushrooms and courgettes until soft
 
3 - Melt the butter in a pan
 
4 - Add the flour to the melted butter and heat for a minute
 
5 - Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until you have a smooth sauce
 
6 - Add two thirds of the cheese and a sprinkle of black pepper
 
7 - Drain the pasta a broccoli and place in an oven proof dish
 
8 - Flake in the tuna and add the onions, mushrooms and courgettes
 
9 - Pour over the cheese sauce and mix through
 
10 - Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and place under a high grill until the cheese has melted and has browned off a little
 
This pasta dish is delicious served with a garlic baguette. The added vegetables make this dish a great way to get some extra goodness into the kids!
Enjoy x
 
 
I am sharing this recipe with Keynko's 52 Cook Books pop over and check out some delicious banana pancakes! 
 
Keynko A Crafty Family
 


10 comments:

  1. I love Mary Berry's books, so glad she is making a "comeback"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son bought me that book for Mother's Day! Has lots of nice recipes in it that we really must try. Tuna bake is such a fab quick meal x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it is lovely hun, but I hate Tuna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really yummy and I like the addition of lots of veg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds lovely. I really like tuna so will have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love mary berry can't go wrong with her cooking .x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for the kids - nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love tuna bakes and bakes in general ;) They're so easy and speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a fan of Tuna but I will share this with my daughter as she loves it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I though Mary Berry was more of a cakey type cook so wouldn't even think of her for meal inspiration - thanks very much for sharing as this looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x