Monday 7 April 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 7th April 2014

This week is the start of the Easter holidays for Joseph and it is a dreary, wet day.

This week I am going to try and get Joseph involved in some kitchen activities. He has told me that he would like to do some baking and I am sure he would love to help me one day prepare dinner.

Last week I did cook two vegetarian meals. The Pearl Barley Risotto was a huge success with everyone. However when I served the second meat free meal the hubby did ask his usual question of "where's the meat?". So to please everyone this week if I fancy a vegetarian meal, I will also do some meat for the others!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 7th April 2014

Mushroom Risotto

This has been requested by the hubby. This has to be his favourite vegetarian meal. I call it mushroom but I do tend to add other vegetables that I may have to hand. I am also going to be using some of the mountain oregano that I bought from the Cake and Bake Show.

Chicken Curry

At the moment I am unsure whether I will make my own mild curry recipe or to make a korma using paste. Either way it will be a mild curry, one that we can all enjoy.

Homemade Pizza

This is a meal that Joseph and the twins will be able to help me with. I am sure that they will all enjoy making their own pizzas!

Lasagne

I can't remember the last time I made a lasagne so we will be having one this week!

Full of Veg Cottage Pie

This is a real family favourite and a great way to get some extra vegetables into everyone.

Chicken Souflaki

At the Cake and Bake Show I also bought some souflaki herbs and spices. I am planning to marinade some chicken pieces in the herbs and spices with olive oil. Grill the and serve with rice.

Have a great week x



1 comment:

  1. Sounds lovely. I haven't had a lasagne in ages either x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x