Saturday 12 April 2014

Vanilla No Bake Cheesecake

I always find that cheesecake is a great, easy dessert that can be made in advance and is always a crowd pleaser.

Cheesecake is a dessert that is so easily adjusted to suit different tastes. Today I have made a very cream, New York style vanilla cheesecake.

I love the creaminess that the New York style cheesecake has, with the extra creamy flavour no topping is necessary.

I have also made a nutty biscuit base to give it a little twist of extra flavour.

This is what I did...

Vanilla No Bake Cheesecake

Ingredients

200g digestive biscuits
100g honey roasted cashew nuts
150g non salted butter
300g full fat soft cream cheese
250g mascarpone cheese
125g icing sugar
200g double cream
1/4tsp vanilla paste
Caramel writing icing to decorate

Method

1 - Crush the biscuits into crumbs using a rolling pin

2 - Crush the cashew nuts and add to the biscuit crumbs

3 - Melt to butter and add to the biscuit and nut crumb, mix until all of the crumbs have been coated in the butter

4 - Place the biscuit and nut mixture into a loose base flan tin, compress well and place in the fridge for at least an hour



5 - Place the cream cheese and mascarpone in a bowl and using an electric whisk mix together

6 - Gradually mix in the icing sugar

7 - Fold in the cream and vanilla paste then whisk together until stiff

8 - Remove the biscuit and nut base from the fridge and spoon on the creamy cheese mixture


9 - Level off the top and to decorate draw lines using the writing icing if using then taking either a small fork or a cocktail stick add lines going across the icing to create a pattern

10 - Return to the fridge for at least 2 hours or until the creamy cheese mixture has hardened

Remove from the flan tin and serve.

This is either delicious on its own or served with ice cream. If you want to add any fruit to the top, strawberry goes perfectly with the creamy vanilla flavours!

Enjoy x




28 comments:

  1. Oh I officially love you know! Cheesecake is my favourite, but I did a baked one last time and it was a pain. This would be amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy! We don't have an oven so I have a vast repertoire of mascapone based cheesecakes - but I've never thought of adding cashews before - noted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered how to make this kind of cheesecake! We're having a picnic tomorrow, for my birthday....I might try and whip up one of these tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesecake is my ultimate favourite - my fave recipe is Delia's with cottage cheese, it's not too sweet! This looks lovely though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks tasty! I love cheesecake so will keep this in mind x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheesecake is one of my favs!! I am defo going to try your recipe, looks delicious xx

    Emily x

    www.londonmummyoftwo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to try this! I love a good cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm - will have to try this one. I love cheesecake but I've never managed to find a decent recipe for a non-bake one and I can't be bothered with the baking thing. Do you think you could add lemon juice/zest to make it lemony??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yeah! Sounds good, I'd swap the vanilla for some lemon juice and put a good curd on the top :-) x

      Delete
  9. Yummy, I love both making and eating cheesecake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, this sounds so indulgent! And the fact that you don't even have to bake it makes it even more awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh delicious. Perfect for lazy sundays

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmm I love cheesecake and I could just eat a slice (or two) of this now x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, it looks amazing!!!!! yummmy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My absolute favourite dessert. Sadly only I eat it so never buy or make or I would have to eat it all. Not good on a diet sadly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy! Cheesecake is my favourite and this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've really been fancying cheesecake this week. I might have to give this recipe a try.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm not a huge fan of cheese cake but thats amazing that you dont need to bake it! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my gosh, that looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts and this one looks and sounds delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow - this looks really very tasty! I like the idea of cashew nuts in the base - wondering about pecan nuts instead which are my current favourite...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds delicious - I love vanilla!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds delicious and I love the fact that there is no baking included

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my word this looks so yummy! I would serve it with some sliced limes or some berries - mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this, my mum makes loads of delicious cheese cakes, my favourite is white chocolate and amaretto :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x