Friday 11 April 2014

Word of the Week

This week my word of the week has to sadly be...

INJURY

On Sunday, I was enjoying using some new, razor sharp, Magic Knives (yes that really is their name!) that the hubby let me get at the fantastic Cake and Bake Show.

I am obviously not used to having knives which are so sharp and go through food so easily and I'm not too sure how, but I cut my finger!

I am accident prone in the kitchen, I am forever getting burns or little cuts but nothing major, that is until Sunday!

I was cutting a bit of bread for Joseph and before I knew what was happening the knife glided through the bread and deeply into my finger!

Sorry if you're squeamish!

After 20 minutes my finger was still pouring with blood but I managed to dress it hoping that come the morning it would be ok.

But it wasn't so I had a trip to the doctors who have put steri strips on and dressed it. The awful part is it needs to be dry for at least 4 days or until it closes. For me this is a nightmare, I cannot bake bread and am struggling to do most things in the kitchen. I am having to peel potatoes with marigolds on! Not a good look!

I did have look at my finger today and it is not quite closed yet, so on I go. Roll on when I can get baking again!

Hope you have a good week!

I am sharing my Word of the Week with The Reading Residence pop on over and see what their word of the week is and see what other bloggers have chosen!

The Reading Residence

3 comments:

  1. Nasty! I hope your finger is better now. #WotW xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yiped. Reading this i felt the knife go through your fingers. Glad its okay now and yes it sucks when you cant do things you want cuz of an injury. Stay safe! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! I'm quite accident prone in the kitchen too and did a similar thing a few years back with some sharp knives and a butternut squash. I hope you are on the mend now and that you can get back to baking soon. #WotW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x