Monday 28 April 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 28th April 2014

Last weeks meal plan was a success and every meal was cook and enjoyed. We even managed to enjoy a BBQ on bank holiday Monday!

After planning to make a curry for weeks and not making it, I finally got round to making one. I featured it as last weeks Cheap Budget Meal recipe. If you would like to see how I made it and kept within budget take a look at my Cheap Budget Meal!

This week I have accepted a new foodie challenge from Organix. I have pledged to take on their No Junk challenge. You can read about why I have signed up to take part and what the challenge entails here

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 28th April 2014

Broad Bean and Bacon Rice

After the weekend I do enjoy a lighter meal on a Monday. This meal is cooked in a similar way to risotto but using regular long grain rice. This recipe will feature as this weeks Cheap Budget Meal.

Full of Veg Spaghetti Bolognese

Joseph has requested a spaghetti meal this week so I will be making a bolognese sauce that is full of chunky vegetables

Brie and Courgette Chicken and Roasted Vegetables

I will be stuffing chicken breasts with slices of courgette and brie.

Kedgeree

This is a meal that I have been wanting to make for a while now and one that the hubby has pointed out. This week I am giving it a go and it will be a new meal for us!

Beef Enchiladas

We love chilli but we are having a couple of meals with rice this week. So instead of a chilli con carne and rice I am going to make beef enchiladas with homemade wraps. This is another recipe that I will be sharing this week.

I have planned five meals as I am still undecided about what we will have on Saturday. My mum and dad are coming down so between us we will make something!

Have a lovely week and enjoy the bank holiday weekend x


 
As usual I am sharing our weekly meal plan with At Home With Mrs M's Meal Planning Monday

Meal Planning Monday

5 comments:

  1. All sounds gorgeous. Kedgeree is something I have not had in years, might ave to see if I can slip it into our plan next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kedgeree is one of my absolute favourites! I've been working on a recipe to post on my blog soon actually - but it's one of those dishes where there are so many variations.

    Enjoy your week!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds fantastic!!
    I haven't had Kedgeree for years...Yum!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of Brie and courgette chicken, I like anything with cheese ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love beef enchiladas! Yum #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x