Friday 25 April 2014

Word of the Week - 25th April 2014

Today I have chosen a word which sums up my feelings about Saturday.

That word, if it is actually a word, which I don't think it is, but I like it is...


EXCITEDNERVOUSNESS

 
This is the only way that I can accurately describe how I am feeling.
 
Tomorrow I am attending my first blogging event. I am going to the BlogCamp event that is being run by Tots100 and Foodies100.
 
This is going to be a big day for me. This will be my first full day out, on my own, without any of my family since having the twins. Whenever I have been out since having the twins 26 months ago I have either had the children with me or my hubby.
 
Before I had the twins I worked full time and was a confident person. I regularly travelled to different centres and to different conferences and felt confident in my environment and in myself.
 
Since having the twins and becoming a stay at home mum my confidence has dropped. I may come across as confident on my blog, but in person I am quite different. I have always found it easier to articulate how I am feeling through writing. When you go from having a career and being with people all day to being at home all day, you re going to change. Please do not get me wrong, I would never change how my life is. Now that I am a stay at home mum and housewife I am the happiest and most contented that I have ever been. But my confidence has been knocked.
 
I am excited because I am going to meet in person a lot of people that I feel like 'sI already know thanks to their blogs. Excited to discover what I can learn. Excited about taking the big step and doing something for me.
 
But then I am nervous because it is a big step for me to be me, not mummy and not wife, tomorrow I will be Kirsty. Nervous because I am meeting new people and I worry that I won't know what to say. People that are close to me will be surprised at this because I love to talk, but when I'm nervous I babble and get tongue tied!
 
I am feeling an "excitednervousness" but it is a good feeling and despite the nerves, I am REALLY looking forward to tomorrow!
 
I am sharing my Word of the Week with The Reading Residence's Word of the Week pop over and see what word sums up Jocelyn's week!
 

The Reading Residence

36 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsty! I am going tomorrow too and am quite nervous as well! I don't know anyone either but it will be a lot of fun! If you want to meet up outside before hand I am happy to do so! I am coming up from Exeter on a very early train so will be very very bleary eyed. Train gets in at 8.56 if it is in time...time to grab a coffee and a bite to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki :-) my train gets in just before 9:30, I am meeting Aby from You Baby Me Mummy at the train station so we can meet up with you too! I'll dm you my number x

      Delete
  2. Oh have a great time, I wish i could go!! You will love meeting other bloggers, its so rewarding. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish theire were mor events or even some up here in durham, it seems all events are hours away from us northerners , hope you have a great time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so envy you. There are a lot of people here in the blog world that i want to thanks and meet too. I just dont have the courage yet. I am so inferior =P Next year hopefully! Goodluck =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that word - I often feel it when going to an event! Have a great time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh we are going to BlogCamp! I feel the same hun, I used to feel capable, now have much less confidence than pre-Baby. We will be o.k xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh good luck - I'm sure it will be fine once you get into the swing of it - I think I will be feeling exactly the same way come June when I will be attending BritMums Live!! #Wotw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your new word!! BritMums last year was my first blogging event, and I was excitednervous too, and I had a brilliant time once I got there! Hope you enjoy BlogCamp x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I shall see you there. It is amazing fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun at Blogcamp! I really wanted to go but forget it was on haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I may steal your word for my next word of the week! I am going to Blog on Mosi next week and am going through exactly the same emotions. I had to cancel my place at blog camp because it clashed with other things. I wish I was there with you, you will have a great time. Look forward to reading all about it x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time, I'm sure you will be fine once you get there :) x #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great word! have a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh try not to be nervous, these event's are usually quite informal and relaxed, plus you'll be really surprised how friendly everyone is! Have a lovely time! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Know this feeling well! I feel like this everytime, and I know that I go away on cloud nine but struggle so much in the run up. I'm getting in at 9.26 (to the minute!) and am meeting Sara-Jayne from Keep-up-with-the-Jones- family, would be lovely to go en-masse!

    ReplyDelete
  16. "Since having the twins and becoming a stay at home mum my confidence has dropped. I may come across as confident on my blog, but in person I am quite different. I have always found it easier to articulate how I am feeling through writing. " I can TOTALLY relate to this. It's why I blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great word and sums up just how I'm feeling about Saturday too. Look forward to seeing you there :)

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great word and just about sums up how I feel about Saturday too. I'm sure we will all have a great time, look forward to seeing you there.
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh I shall look out for you. I am the same I think I even come across as confident in the flesh but inside I'm really nervous and really worry that I'm saying/doing the wrong thing. Blog camp last year was my first event and everyone was so lovely. See you in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a lovely time. I so wanted to go but didnt manage to get the ticket in time. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. good luck girly your have the best fun

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I know exactly how you fell, my confidence plummeted when I had my two and it never really recovered. Best of luck tomorrow though I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the word! Enjoy yourself and make sure you write all about it for those of us that are too nervous to even contemplate going!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hope you have a fab time........I shall be watching from home at all the tweets

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you had a great day and learned lots of new things!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you had a great day! I may borrow that word next week as I'm off to Blog On MOSI next Sunday! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope you had lots of fun and great word

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great new word! I was there, too! Did you have fun? Learn lots? I've got so many notes and ideas to sort through! Hope you had a great day x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you had an amazing time x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ooh I hope yu had an amazing time! It's so exhilarating the first outing as just you. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great made up word! Really wish I'd read this before BlogCamp so I knew to look out for you - hope you had a fab day?!

    ReplyDelete
  32. How was the BlogCamp... I must have to block it out or just totally forgot ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  33. I remember feeling exactly that when I attended my first blogcamp last year. Hope you had a fab time x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x