Thursday 10 April 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow? - Week 15

Wow the weeks are really flying by!

Hubby has now marked out where the raised beds for the vegetables are going. We now have the all of the wood that we need to start building. I am sure building will start this weekend.

The seedlings are really coming on and we have had even more growth this week.

The daffodils are now starting to die off, but they are being replace by tulip buds and peonies. The cherry trees down the bottom of the garden are becoming full of flowering blossom. I was disappointed to see that my beautiful magnolia has lost nearly all of its petals, however I was delighted and intrigued to see that it has new buds which look to be full of purple petals. So I am excited to see what they look like once they open.

This is how our garden has grown this week...

Marking out where the raised beds will go
We have covered the grass where the raised
bed will go with cardboard. This should kill off
the grass and make it easier to dig over.
Onion seedlings

Cabbage seedlings

Beetroot seedlings

We now have 4 cucumber seedlings

Sweet peas
New magnolia flowers starting to come out

Magnolia
Clematis bud


Tulips waiting to open

Now that the weather is warming up we are
opening up the cold frame during the day.
 
One of my favourite flowers in our garden is
definitely the peony. I love the beautiful
large red flowers, I was pleased to see
the buds are coming!
I am sharing this post with Mammasaurus' How Does Your Garden Grow? pop over and take a look at Mammasaurus' beautiful photographs and see how other bloggers gardens have grown.
 
Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

9 comments:

  1. a lot of hard work but will look brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see how they grow! I cant wait till everything is in full bloom! #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just know that those raised beds are going to be so good and am so excited for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another week or two and your peony it will be in full bloom. #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
  5. well Mrs you have been busy i cant wait to see this unfold yours and my peonies are at the same stage at the moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Kirsty you're still all beavering away. Thought you might have calmed down after what you'd achieved recently! Everything is coming on so well too, you must be so pleased :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a love of peonies too! What a lot of work going in to your garden at the moment - I can't wait to see those tulips erupt into flower! So jealous of all of you with seedlings poking up at the mo!
    Thanks for joining in again x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!! Another veggie grower on #HDYGG :) Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh, I'm interested to see if the cardboard helps with digging over the grass… we made our raised beds last weekend and just dug straight into the grass… it really was such hard work! Peonies are my absolute favourite flower and ours are in bud too, I can't wait for them to open! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x