Tuesday 29 April 2014

Point + Shoot - 26th - 27th April 2014

Wow, what a busy weekend!
 
On Saturday I stepped out of the comfort zone of having my family around me and went out for the day on my own.
 
I did something for me.
 
I spent the day in Birmingham with lots of lovely fellow bloggers at a conference run by Tots100 and Foodies100. I left the house at an early 7:15am and didn't get home until 7:40pm. For 12 hours I was me again. As much as I love my family, it was nice to not have to think about anyone else but me. I had such a great day out and have learnt so much. I came away with my head literally buzzing with thoughts and ideas.
 
I am pleased to say that I have already put one of those ideas into practise and have bought my own domain for my blog. I am now www.hijackedbytwins.com this is a step I have been thinking about taking but have never had the push to do it. Thanks to the conference I have taken this big step and done it.
 
On Sunday I was shattered after the busy Saturday and so we just relaxed together as a family.
 
As I was out all day I do not have all of the family pictures as I normally do but here is our weekend in pictures...

 
I enjoyed a coffee in peace on the train

Learning about food photography

Nearly home


Watching the world go by

On a sunny train

Stepping stones


 

The twins explore their Gran's garden

Having a ride on Grandads "tractor"

Taylor and Daddy

Joseph whizzing around the garden





As always, I am sharing our weekend with Snowing Indoors Point + Shoot pop over and see what they got up to over the weekend!

Point+Shoot_snowingindoors.com

8 comments:

  1. Well done for buying your domain hun, onward and upwards! Granny garden looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to a blog conference, but I always seem to learn about them after they've happened. Were brands present at yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very brave of you to get your own domain.I keep thinking about it as well but I'm a bit scared to do it! Was it quite easy? I also worry about page rank and the Tots as I struggle to stay in top 500 so I would worry that I would never get back up there if I changed name or maybe it doesn't affect it - would love to know?

    I love your stepping stones pictures and Grandad's garden looks awesome - and huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new domain! Onwards and upwards....I'm glad you enjoyed Blogcamp - I was sorry to have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had debated about going on Saturday, but it was a friend's birthday so didn't. Glad you enjoyed it. Am going to Britmumslive--are you? I'd quite like to get my domain name but am too nervous about straying from blogger. Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay glad you had a great time - we were there too and yes I was shattered by the time I got home - Sunday was definitely more a family calm down day. Fab news about going self hosted too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh good for you getting your own domain, I'm sad I missed Blogcamp, it is normally awesome. I have to say I'm loving Grandads mower too! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to blog camp too, it was a really good day! I Feel really inspired after the sessions just needv some time to put into practice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x