Friday 10 October 2014

Jungle Dogs Perfect for Packed Lunches

Now that the children are back at school the tough decisions of what to put in their packed lunches is back!

That is where Jungle Dogs come in!

I was sent some Jungle Dogs to create a recipe that would be great for a packed lunch. However  I will admit that Joseph likes them just as they are!

I am not usually a fan of hot dog sausages. It is something which I do not buy as they usually contain a lot of ingredients but not a lot of meat and are heavily processed. However Jungle Dogs are different from other hot dog sausages. They contain 85% Pork which is not mechanically separated meat, naturally smoked, contain no artificial colours or flavours.


The packaging is designed to attract children and my son thought that it looked great. You get 6 hot dogs in a pack and retail at £1 which is a good price.

Joseph has enjoyed taking the Jungle Dogs sliced in his lunch box.


I have previously posted a recipe Jungle Dogs Pasta which would be great as a cold pasta salad for packed lunches.

Disclosure: I was sent some Jungle Dogs for the purpose of this post. No payment was received. All views and opinions are my own and 100% honest.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of this product/brand before. I know that kids are attracted to the packaging but I always make sure to read the label. Especially if it's priced at £1 per packet. But I would consider it as an option for my kids packed lunch and at home meals.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x