Monday 6 October 2014

Weekly Meal Plan - Week Commencing 6th October 2014

Now that the weather is turning more autumnal I am looking forward to making more warming meals. This week my beloved slow cooker will be coming out. I do love more comforting meals when the weather gets cooler.

This week we received a lovely variety of meats in our meat box delivery which I am looking forward to cooking with. The beauty of subscribing to a weekly delivery is the variety. We often receive meats which I would not always think of buying. When shopping it easy to stick with what you know and enjoy, whereas now we are eating a wider variety of different meats which is challenging me to cook new meals, which I love!

This is what we will be enjoying this week...

Week Commencing 6th October 2014

Mushroom Risotto

This has to one of our favourite meals and it is nice to start the week with a meat free meal. I will also be cooking some garlic bread to go with this meal.

Lamb Stew

This week we got some lovely diced lamb. This is a meat which we all enjoy but rarely have. So when I saw that there was some in our box this week and with the weather getting cooler I knew that a lamb stew would be perfect.

Pork and Venison Sausages

Venison is a real treat for us. We are a family of meat lovers and particularly enjoy venison and game for a change. They will be cooked as they are and served with mash potatoes and vegetables.

Belly Pork

This is a meat which I would not normally buy. I love meat but it has to be lean and, to me, belly pork always looks fatty. This week we received two belly pork steaks. I am not too sure what I am going to do with them so I need to do some research as it is a meat which the hubby does like.

Spaghetti Carbonara

As we also got some bacon this week I will have to cook a spaghetti carbonara. This is another favourite of ours.

I am also planning to cook a leek, potato and bacon soup this week for lunches.

As always I am not planning a meal for Saturday as we decide on the day what we fancy and on Sunday we will be at my mum and dads for Sunday lunch.

Have a great week x


As always I am sharing my weekly meal plan with At Home With Mrs M - Meal Planning Monday

mpm different fonts.png

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a really lovely meal plan! We've got mushroom risotto on the menu as well this week, such a perfect, autumnal dish.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meal plan, I love the sound of the sausages in particular. You simply can't beat game in autumn, as far as I'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything sounds fantastic! I like the idea of meat being delivered....We seem to get stuck in a rut eating the same meat x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds gorgeous! I've never had venison sausages before, but had venison steak and it's definitely delicious, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x