Tuesday 28 October 2014

Rooibos and Orange Marmalade Cake

I was recently sent a jar of Robertson's Golden Shred Marmalade to celebrate the release of the Paddington Bear film. We all love the tangy taste of marmalade so I knew that I would love creating a new recipe. I decided to bake a cake!

My hubby is a huge tea fan and loves rooibos. You may have noticed recently that I have been using a lot more tea in my bakes for him.

Today I am sharing a cake that contains rooibos red bush tea. Rooibos is naturally caffeine free, has a high level of antioxidants and is low on tannins.

This is what I did...


Rooibos and Marmalade Cake

Ingredients

150g butter
150g caster sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
150g self raising flour
1 tbsp rooibos tea
3 tbsp Robertson's Golden Shred Marmalade

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C fan

1 - Beat together the butter and caster sugar until light a creamy

2 - Gradually add the eggs along with a little flour to prevent curdling

3 - Sift in the flour and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly combined

4 - Stir in the rooibos tea and the marmalade

5 - Pour the mixture into a prepared cake tin and place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 40 minutes or until thoroughly baked

6 - Once thoroughly baked leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before removing and placing on a cooling wire


This cake is lovely and light and the combination of rooibos with the tangy marmalade go perfectly together.

Enjoy x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x