Thursday 16 October 2014

Lime and Dark Chocolate Cupcakes

While I was at the Unilever Kitchen event on Monday we had an afternoon baking session with Stork. After a quick talk about the different Stork products we were let loose in the kitchen and on the wide variety of ingredients that were available.

They did leave some recipes on our work stations, but as you've probably guessed, I didn't follow any of them. Instead I made my own!

This is what I did...


Lime and Dark Chocolate Cupcakes

Ingredients

100g Stork baking spread
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
100g self raising flour
Zest of 1 lime
Juice of half the lime
10g dark chocolate, grated
100g full fat cream cheese
25g Stork baking spread
300g icing sugar
Juice of half the lime
Extra grated chocolate to decorate

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - For these cupcakes I used the all in one method. Place the Stork baking spread, caster sugar, eggs and self raising flour in a bowl and mix until all of the ingredients are evenly combined and you have a smooth batter.

2 - Stir in the lime zest, juice and the grated chocolate.

3 - Spoon this mixture into 12 cupcake cases.

4 - Place in the centre of the pre heated oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until thoroughly baked.

5 - Once the cakes have cooled prepare the frosting by beating together the cream cheese and Stork.

6 - Gradually mix in the icing sugar and lime juice until you have a thick consistency.

7 - Either pipe or spread on the frosting and sprinkle withe the extra grated chocolate.



These little treats were a refreshing combination of citrus with the sharp bitterness of the dark chocolate go hand in hand with the soft light sponge. The frosting on the top just finished them off perfectly.


Enjoy x


I am sharing my cupcake recipe with the lovely Helen at Casa Costello - Bake of the Week.

Casa Costello

5 comments:

  1. Ooo they look delicious! How did you get invited to that event? Sounded like fun! Hope you are well? Are you going to Blogfest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Exactly the sort of recipe I like to keep hold of :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I'll have to try these, my Hubby loves chocolate limes so I can imagine these would go down well! #bakeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've loved hearing about your escapades this week! Your cupcakes look super. Thanks for fitting in #Bakeoftheweek with all your gadding about! ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lime and chocolate is one of my fave combinations - going on my to-bake list! #bakeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x