Wednesday 8 October 2014

Mushroom Risotto - Family Favourites

This really is a winner in our house.

For me, who cooks, it is a great, easy, quick meal. For everyone else who eats it, the meal is delicious!

This is a flavoursome meal that will please even the biggest of meat eaters!

Here is this weeks Family Favourites recipe...


Mushroom Risotto

Ingredients

1 cup of arborio rice (long grain will also work) per person (I used 5)
1 lg onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500g chestnut mushrooms, halved and sliced
1 - 1 1/2 ltr chicken stock
Butter
Vegetable oil
4 tbsp grated Parmesan
Black pepper
Shaved Parmesan to serve

Method

1 - Gently fry the copped onions and crushed garlic in a little vegetable oil

2 - Once the onions have softened add the rice and fry for a couple of minutes

3 - Placed the stock in a pan and leave over a medium heat to keep warm

4 - Gradually add the chicken stock, a ladle full at a time, until the rice has soaked up the liquid and your rice is cooked to al dente

5 - While the rice is cooking melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a pan and gently fry the mushrooms over a medium heat

6 - Once the rice is cooked remove the pan from the heat and stir in the mushrooms, adding any juices that are in the pan

7 - Add 4 teaspoons of butter in 4 lumps and sprinkle over the grated Parmesan

8 - Place the lid on the pan and leave for 5 minutes

9 - Stir in all of the ingredients before serving and add a little black pepper to taste


This risotto is perfect with some garlic bread or garlic dough balls and some shavings of Parmesan cheese. It is such a simple meal and is my "fall back" meal. This is the one that I rely on if I forget to take anything out of the freezer or if I need to cook a quick meal. This really is a good all rounder!


Enjoy x


I am sharing this weeks Family Favourites recipe with A Mummy Too - Recipe of the Week

Link up your recipe of the week

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, this looks absolutely fabulous. I love mushrooms in my main dishes.

    Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mushroom risotto! They are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mushroom risotto. It's such a great comfort food especially at this time of year. Sadly the rest of the house don't like it so I rarely get to eat it these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x