Thursday 9 October 2014

Lemon and Lime Drizzle Cake

Lemon drizzle cake is one of my favourites. I love the citrus flavours with the moist, light sponge.

This time I have made my lemon drizzle cake with a hint of lime. We recently picked the first lime off of our little lime tree. It really wasn't that big but it was full of juice. What perfect way to use it than to make a lemon and lime drizzle cake.

This is what I did...


Lemon and Lime Drizzle Cake

Ingredients

150g baking spread
150g caster sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
150g self raising flour
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Zest and juice of 1 lime
1tsp granulated sugar

Method

Pre heat the oven to 180C

1 - Place the spread, caster sugar, eggs, self raising flour, lemon and lime zest and 2 teaspoons of the mixed citrus juice

2 - Mix all of the ingredients until they are all combined evenly

3 - Line and grease a loaf tin

4 - Pour in the cake mixture and bake in the centre of the pre heated oven for 40 - 45 minutes or until thoroughly baked

5 - Once baked remove from the oven, mix the remaining citrus juices with the granulated sugar and pour over the hot cake

6 - Leave in the tin to cool so that the juice can be soaked in


This cake is delicious served when a little warm, the citrus tone accompanied with the light sponge make it irresistible, hence why there are not many photographs! The cake was quickly demolished!

Enjoy x

I am sharing this recipe with the lovely Helen at Casa Costello - Bake of the Week

Casa Costello

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the only cakes I can bake to perfection. hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments I do love to hear what you think and try to reply to as many as I can x